Chapter Eleven

Christian looked at the piles of paperwork in front of him. He'd been having a staring contest with them for what seemed like forever. He leaned back in his chair and sighed. Mina could barely do her own job correctly, she was only really there to be used as his human fleshlight whenever he needed which in the end left him with stacks upon stacks of work to do that she should've completed which added on to his already present stress.

The only thing that really relaxed him at times like these was sex. He was what you could refer to as a male nymphomaniac. He knew immediately that he wasn't going to ask Mina to help. He wasn't in the mood for her anymore— she bored him now. Alex came to mind right after, she was technically his sugar baby, right? He picked up his phone off his desk and went to their text log. They'd been texting back and forth for a few days now since the last time they met. He smiled revising over their old messages, he became accustomed to her extremely bright personality.

I need you. Now.

9400 South Monica Blvd. You have 10 minutes.

He sat back and waited for her to arrive.

———

Alex strolled into the Christian's building's lobby. It was easy to spot out which building belonged to Christian considering it had Brown Inc. on the front in large gold letters.

"He must have a thing for black and gold." She spoke aloud to herself looking around the spacious room. She strolled up to the front desk.

Mina looked up at her, her face turning into one of disgust as she scanned Alex's outfit. It wasn't anything special, just jeans and a sweatshirt, her usual day to day attire.

"Are you lost, ma'am? The soup kitchen is down the street."

Alex took a deep breath, holding herself back.

"No, actually I'm looking for Christian. He asked me to come."

"Christian, asked you to come?" Mina raised her brows, trying to hold back from laughing.

"Listen, I really don't have all day. If you're really that pressed then call him up and see for yourself."

"Fine." She snatched the office phone placing it between her ear and shoulder and started punching in a few digits. They both waiting in silence for a while listening to the phone ring before she finally spoke.

"Hi, Christian— sorry Mr. Brown. Uh, there's a..." Mina glanced up at Alex.

"Alex."

"There's an Alex here to see you? She said you invited her but— what? O-oh okay... Yes, sir will do." She hung up. "He said you can go up. He's on the top floor, the last door down the hall to your right." She mumbled, clearly upset about her defeat.