Chapter Nineteen

Roughly a month later
Alexandria Crane

"How're you doing with moving so far?" Diamond asked.

I placed my phone between my shoulder and ear as I took the last box from my car. "Good, would've been better if you were here to help though."

"I know, I know I'm sorry! I just got really booked up. I swear I'll make it up to you."

"Uh huh." I closed the trunk with my leg and started my journey back to the elevator.

"Don't be like that Alex, you know I would be there if I could."

"Of course you would."

"Whatever. What does the new place look like though?"

"You would know if you would've came to help."

She kissed her teeth. "Stop being difficult and tell me."

"It's bigger than my last place, and way cleaner. I think my favorite part about it is the kitchen."

"You got those marble counter tops you've always wanted."

"Mhmmm, girl yes."

"Ooou the place must look so boujee. When're you shopping for more furniture?"

"I don't know, hopefully sometime soon." I set the box down and reached into my back pocket for the key.

"Don't go without me! We can go together when I get back."

"Okay." I set the box down. Me and diamond talked some more while I started unpacking the kitchen stuff. Then my phone started beeping. Christians name popped up on my screen. He'd become externally fond of calling me now.

"Hold on someone's calling me, I'll text you later." I hung up on her before she had time to protest and answered Christian.

"Hey Christian, what's up" I answered.

"Hey. Are you busy?"

"Uhh." I looked around the apartment. "A little. Do you mind coming over and helping me with something?"

"Nah, I don't mind."

"Great, I'll text the address. See you in a few?"

"Yeah."

We hung up and I quickly texted him and then returned back to unpacking. This place was much bigger than my old one and I barley had the furniture to fill it. I decided to start anew and get Maya and I all new bedroom furniture since our old ones were hand me downs from the local goodwill.

I had just finished organizing my drawers when my phone buzzed in my back pocket.

I'm outside. - Christian

I made my way downstairs once again and into the lobby. Christian was sitting down on one of the couches. I had to admit, he looked good when he was dressed down.