Chapter Thirty

GHOE: greatest homecoming on earth.
Also, keep in mind this is set in 2013-2014, the peak of the emoji clothing era.

August 2013

"Got it. Thank you guys so much."

"It's no problem, ma. You still swinging by my dorm later today?" Damon said flirtatiously making Christian roll his eyes and look the other way. He'd been trying to spot Robyn since they got here and he still hadn't seen her.

"Damn man, I hate to see Candy go, but I love to watch her leave."

"Stop quoting that song, you sound idiotic."

"It's a good song though, don't hate on me. You're just mad cause imma be drowning in pussy tonight and you'll be stuck waiting for your precious bird to get home." Damon shrugged.

"Robyn and Robins are two different things, I don't understand why you constantly compare her to a bird. Also, don't you have a girlfriend? I don't think she'd approve of you sleeping around."

Damon's face twisted up. "Why you always gotta talk so proper Christian? Damn. Nigga always on some Harvard type shit. But Nah, Alex and I aren't serious. We just chilling."

"She thinks you're pretty serious, at least that's what I assume."

"Why do you say that?"

"The girl brings home-cooked meals to the apartment every day, when a girl cooks for you, she's serious. Especially if she's doing it every day."

"Who in the hell told you that?"

"My momma." Christian shrugs.

Damon sighed. "Of course she did." He turned Christian's head so that he was now looking at the plethora of half-dressed girls that were roaming around the field and in the stands. "You see what I see brother?"

"Girls?"

"Yes, Exactly. All of this is ours to use. We're men now, free to do whatever we went, whenever we want with no consequence. You should use your freedoms, bro. Do you get what I'm tryna say?"

"Uh-huh, hold on I think I see Robyn— ROBBY! BABY!" Christian broke out of his hold and started to job across the field.

"I'll never get through to this man." Damon sighed.

Later That Night

"Alright, everyone get in and say GHOE!" Diamond said as the group squished together.