Chapter Fifty Eight

"Calm down baby." Momma Joyce said to Alex. She had been watching her passive aggressively make lunch for Christian and Maya for the past half hour now.

"I am calm." Alex said through gritted teeth while she vigorously chopped up carrots into little pieces for Maya. She was fuming at the fact that Christian just let Camille disrespect her in front of him and Joyce by referring to her as a 'friend' and not saying anything when he should've.

That and the fact that Camille has mentioned he only calls her to have sex with her put a bad taste in Alex's mouth. Between Jasmen's slick comments and now Camille Alex felt like her head was going to pop off.

The laughing that came from outside made her glance up and out the large window that was in the kitchen. She could see Christian laid out on the ground while Camille had one of his legs in her grasp in a bent position, pressing his knee onto his chest and she was all too close to his face for Alex's liking.

"What the fuck is so funny?!" Alex semi-yelled, "I know physical therapy isn't that funny." She plunged the knife in her hand into the cutting board making Joyce take a step back and Zeus look up at her from his curled position in the corner of the kitchen.

"I need to take a nap." Alex mumbled angrily, storming out of the kitchen. She thought cooking would help her simmer down like it usually does but this time it was to no avail. It just made her angrier to be honest.

She slammed the bedroom door behind her and dived face first into her and Christian's bed. She felt herself getting even angrier when she got a huge waft of his scent. She kicked her feet against the mattress in frustration while screaming into the pillow.

"You're doing better than I expected." Camille chirped happily. She thought that their first session together would be rough but he was making it surprisingly easy. She thought it was because he still had some kind of feelings for her but in reality it was because he was trying to rush her out.

"So hows everything going with your company?" She questioned as she helped him sit upright.

"Good." He answered dryly, "Are we almost finished?"

"Yeah, just about. Have you considered doing yoga? Like on the days that I'm not here with you?"

"No. Should I consider it?"

"You should. It would really help out your back, build your core back up, you know?"

"Mhm."

"So what happened to you anyway? A car accident or something?"

"I got shot. Like a lot."

She frowned, "Oh? I'm sorry that happened to you."

"Shit, I'm sorry to." He shrugged making her laugh.

"Okay, lets get back to helping me." He said in a serious tone.

She went over to his feet and positioned them side by side to close his legs.

"Why'd you get so serious all of a sudden?"

"My back hurts and I don't need it hurting no more." He answered her honestly.

She smiled and shook her head.