Chapter Sixty Six

We back! 🥳 Only like 5 people noticed I was gone but that's not important,
Day 1 of Updatemas is here🎅🏾
Let's hope ya girl doesn't get strep throat again and finishes this
· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

"Hurry up, daddy! We're missing all of it!" Maya stressed while pulling on her puffs.

"Nothing is ever this serious, Maya. Relax." Christian mumbled back as he looked through the box of videos trying to decide which one to play next. Ever since Joyce found the videos last week that's all they had been focusing on. Their lives revolved around the box and DVD player now.

Christian had skipped work that week to sit at home and connect the dots. He had a semi-clear idea of what went down but still needed Alex to fill in some spots. Maya didn't care so much for connecting dots, the only question she had was already answered.

"But it is that serious! We don't have time for this!" She groaned as she stood up on the couch and looked at the clock on the wall behind her. "It's almost bedtime and mommy's gonna come home soon." She said as she sat back down.

"What's wrong with your mom coming home? You don't wanna see her?" Christian chuckled.

"I do but she's gonna make me go to bed. I wanna stay up longer." Maya crossed her little arms, with her signature pout making its way onto her face.

"You should've been in bed an hour ago, you've stayed up long enough. We're gonna watch this last video and then it's bedtime, okay?" He picked up the remote and sat down next to her.

Maya sat up and crawled into his lap, grabbing the remote from his hands. She pressed play and leaned back into his chest beaming as the TV screen filled with color.

"My feet are killing me

"My feet are killing me." Alex groaned as she waddled beside Christian, "Did we really have to come this far?"

"It was only like a 3-hour drive." Christian replied as he faced the camera down at her, "You see how lazy your mommy is, Maya?" He chuckled.

"I'm not lazy. I just don't get why we had to come to the beach in the middle of November. Not even November, it's basically December."

"You needed some fresh air. You were all cooped up in that apartment all day. I don't think that's good for Maya."

Alex rolled her eyes, "Okay, Dr. Brown. I got my fresh air, can we go back now?"

"Nope." He replied popping the 'P'. "We're here to have fun."

"Everything is closed, there's not a thing to do on this beach."

"That doesn't mean we can't have fun. Let's take a walk." He stretched his hand out for her to take.