Chapter Forty Seven

Maya was baffled. This whole morning didn't seem real to her. She woke up expecting to see Alex like she did every morning but instead saw Christian rummaging through he closet like that shit was normal. That morning he'd gotten her ready and he didn't do half a bad job either. Little miss Maya was most definitely feeling herself that morning.

"Mommy, can we take pictures right here?" Maya questioned as they passed a park. It was her, Alex, Christian, and Latoya all walking to breakfast.

"Here, I got you baby girl." Christian unraveled his arms from Alex's waist and picked her up.

"Where do you want to take your pictures at?"

"Uhhh... right there!" She pointed towards a shady area a few feet ahead of them.

He turned his head back towards Latoya and Alex, "We'll he right back." He said quickly before jogging off towards where Maya pointed with her in hand.

He set her down on the ground and stepped back phone already pulled out in hand. He swiped on his lock screen to the camera and set it up so he could see her.

"Scoot a little over to the left baby girl, the sun is blocking you out."

Maya shuffled over, "Right here daddy?"

"A little back now..."

She stepped back, "Here?"

He shook his head, "Uhhh, go back towards the right the right again."

She huffed and stepped back towards the right.

"Good, now step forward for me again."

"Daddy this is where I started!" She whined.

"Hey! No pouting! Browns don't pout! You're to pretty to be pouting anyway."

Her pout quickly switched to a smile.

"See, there goes my pretty girl. Now do one of those little poses you do in the mirror for me."

Maya, being the natural born model she was, didn't stoke striking poses until she made sure his photo library was filled with pictures of her.

"Alright now Maya, don't break the mans back down." Latoya said once her and Alex caught up to them, "Got him bending over backwards for these pictures."

Maya giggled, "He's okay grandma, my daddy is really strong."

Her and Latoya looked over to Christian who was bending backwards to crack his back. Latoya shook her head and continued to walk on.

After a few more minutes they all arrived at Maya's favorite restaurant— mommas kitchen.

"What're you getting daddy?" Maya asked as he propped up the menu in front of them both. While everyone else sat down in a chair she chose to sit on his lap her defense being 'since he's my daddy he's also my chair'.

"I don't know yet. What're you getting baby?"

"I don't know yet." She repeated in the same tone as him. She was starting to develop a habit of mimicking him.

"I don't know about y'all but momma's getting her pancake combo with bacon and eggs on the side and another side of French toast." Latoya said.

Alex glanced up at her from across the table, "You don't think that's a little too much momma?"

"Honey I was a crackhead for most of my life, 'too much' doesn't exist in my vocabulary."

"Okay!" Christian said loudly, "Could we maybe not talk about that in front of Maya please?"