Chapter Thirty Nine

Daddy/daughter goals 🥰
Lmfao let me stop playing.
———

"I need you to promise me that you'll be a good girl for the next few days Maya." Alex said as she helped her out of the car and handed her her little backpack.

Maya nodded. "I will be mommy, I promise."

"Good, and you remember everything we talked about right?"

She nodded again. "I do."

"Tell me everything you're going to do while I'm gone."

"I'm gonna eat my veggies, not give Mr. Maurice trouble and call you a million times everyday."

"And don't forget your medicine. I already told Christian but if he forgets you have to remember to remind him, okay?"

"Okay mommy."

They started walking up Christian driveway. Maya was looking around excitedly at everything. Since a few days prior she had been going on and on continuously about how excited she was to stay with Christian while Alex was gone. It was the main topic of discussion in their household.

As they approached the door Maya started to shift from one leg to the other, unable to contain her excitement. This was her first time at his house and being close to one bigger than a small one story.

Alex rung the doorbell and then stepped back. She looked down at Maya.

"I want you to be a big girl this week okay? Remember our little secret?"

"Mhmm." Maya nodded absentmindedly.

"Can I trust that you'll put on your big girl pants and keep it while mommy's not here?"

"Uh huh."

The door opened and there stood Christian, towel draped around his waist, dripping water.

"I didn't realize y'all would be here so early." He stepped aside and let them inside.

"I texted and called you multiple times and we talked about this the night before." Alex shifted all her weight to one foot and crossed her arms.

"I forgot, my bad." He apologized as he scooped up Maya. "How you doing babygirl? Did you do something new with your hair today?" He started playing around with one of her puffs making her giggle.

"Thank you Mr. Maurice. I did this one all by myself." She pointed to the crooked puff.

"That's really good... very symmetrical." He said making Alex snort which in turn made him laugh.

"Alright I already left you a list of our daily routine in her bag, she takes her Metformin pill every morning at 11am on the dot after she has breakfast and her insulin shot comes right after that, I already left instructions on how to give her that

"Alright I already left you a list of our daily routine in her bag, she takes her Metformin pill every morning at 11am on the dot after she has breakfast and her insulin shot comes right after that, I already left instructions on how to give her that. Make sure she eats that yogurt I packed her at least twice a day, she must be in bed 8 at the latest, and uhh..." Alex trailed off trying to think of what else she needed to brief him on before leaving.