Chapter Fifty Six

I plan on finishing this book by mid July at the LATEST and somewhere in the midst of that I will hopefully finish my other book. Pray for me & my fingers 😩! I'm going to try to be speedy about it to so excuse the errors!
———————

When Christian woke up the first thing he was met with were Maya's eyes staring back at him and her full head of hair invading all of his personal facial space.

"Hi daddy." She grinned. After she would up from her own nap a few hours prior she came downstairs and watched a little bit of TV before then coming into his room and watching him sleep.

"Hey Maya." He replied back in a raspy tone.

"Did you have a nice sleep?"

A small smile spread across his face. He missed talking to Maya.

"I did have a nice sleep, thank you for asking."

"You're welcome. You snore a lot."

"You were in here the whole time?"

"Not the whole time, just a little while because I got bored."

"Why didn't you go and play with Zeus?"

"Grandma took him to the kennel."

"Why?"

"Because family is coming to see you for and she said that Zeus was gonna mess everything up. I don't think he was but she's grandma." Maya shrugged, "Do you want me to go get mommy? I'll go get mommy." She said not giving him any time to respond or even think of a response.

She hopped off of him and the bed and ran out of the room. When she squeezed herself through the crack in the door it made it open wider, letting in a strong waft of homemade food being cooked and the noise from all his family members into the room.

A few moments later Alex came into the room right behind Maya who was skipping now.

"I told you not to wake him up." Alex stressed, rubbing her hands down her apron.

She turned back at Alex.

"I didn't mommy, he woke up by himself."

Then she turned back at Christian.

"Tell her daddy so I don't get my butt beat."

He laughed at her blunt response before letting his eyes shift to Alex.

"She's telling the truth please take back any whoppings that were about to be dished out."

Alex smiled & shook her head.

"Go ahead and help out in the kitchen while me and your dad get ready."

"I wanna stay mommy."

"Do you want to see your dad's private's?"

Maya's face dropped and she shook her head in horror.

"I thought so, now go." Alex said nodding her head towards the door. Maya wasted no time scrambling out of the room. Alex followed behind her and closed the door, making sure to lock it.