Chapter Twenty Eight

Maya is the cutest thing in the world.
Some of you forget that there's actually a girl who plays her character. 😭

Alexandria Crane

"What did we say we were going to do before we go in here?"

"Not tell too much." Maya said.

"And what were we not going to tell Mr. Maurice?"

"That you're my mommy."

"Good." I gripped her tiny hand as we walked across the street.

"Why can't Mr. Maurice know that you're my mommy? Will he not like us then?"

I bit my lip, not knowing how to answer that question. I didn't want to hurt her feelings but at the same time I didn't want her to go off and tell him because she thinks it's 'okay'.

"It's just adult stuff baby, don't worry about it, okay?"

She nodded. "Do you think Mr. Maurice will like my drawings?"

"He'll love them." I opened the restaurants door, letting her walk in before me.

She gasped. "I see him!" She started running.

"Maya!"

When I finally caught up to her she was hugging on Christians leg.

"Maya get off of the poor man, please." I sighed.

"She's just excited, it's cool. She just caught me off guard." Christian said. Maya still had a death grip on his leg, smiling like boo boo the damn fool.

"Hi Mr. Maurice. You smell like peppermints, did you take a bath in peppermints?"

Christian laughed. "No, I didn't but I do have some mints on me, you want one?"

Her eyes lit up. "Yes please!"

"Maya uh uh, you already had a tootsie roll today. Remember what the dentist said?"

She pouted. "Please mo—"

"No."

"Mr. Maurice do something!" She whined, shaking his leg.

He shrugged. "I'm sorry, what she says is final."

"But—"

"But nothing Maya. Let's sit down and eat now, okay?" I said.

"I'm sitting with Mr. Maurice." She mumbled angrily.

We picked out a booth to sit in and of course she slid in with Christian. Little brat.

"Everything here is so unhealthy." Christian said as his eyes scanned the menu. "1,300 calories just for one sandwich. Christ."

"Don't tell me you're some sort of health freak."

"I'm not, I just like to watch what I eat." He shrugged. "I plan on being a ripped grandpa."

I rolled my eyes. "I can't take you seriously sometimes."

"I'm serious. I wanna be like 85 pulling college girls."

"That would make you a pedophile."

He shrugged. "If she can make her seatbelt go click, she's ready for the dick."

I kicked his leg under the table. "There are children present."

"My bad. What're you getting though?"

"What I always get, the triple bacon cheeseburger and the hibiscus lemonade."

"And what're you ordering Ms. Maya?"

"Cheeseburger!"

——

"God, I feel like I'm gonna explode."

"I told you not to eat the whole thing. Look at you now, huffing and puffing." Christian said.

"Shut up." I mumbled. "Maya walk on this side baby, you're too close to the street."

"Are you guys doing anything after this?"

I shook my head. "We're just gonna go home and relax for the rest of the day."

"I wanted to play with Mr. Maurice more." Maya whined.

"What did I tell you about whining to get what you want? No fix your face before I fix it for you." I scolded. Her pout quickly turned into a smile.

"Damn, you act like you're her mom or something."

I laughed nervously. "I'm just very protective over her, that's all."

"I get it, I was like that with my sister."

"You have siblings? I've never heard this before."

"I didn't think it mattered, but yeah. I have a little sister named Jasmine, or Jazzy. She's not so little anymore though, she's about to get married."

"Awwww."

"Yeah, and now my whole family is pressuring me to get married."

"Why haven't you yet?"

"I was planning on proposing to Robyn but you know what happened... being in a relationship period just never crossed my mind after that."

"Interesting."

"Mr. Maurice, can you take me to the mall?" Maya asked. "I wanna go on the circle ride that goes around."

"Mr. Maurice is probably really busy Maya—"

"No, I got time." He looked down at Maya. "You wanna go now?"

She nodded. "Uh huh, yes please."

He looked back at me. "Is that alright with you Ms. Crane?"

"I'm fine with it, so long as you get me a pretzel."

"I thought you said you were full?"

I shrugged. "I made room. So, pretzel?"

"Done and done."

——
I made that seatbelt shit up when I was in the car today. Dead ass I was like "what rhymes with dick... CLICK!"