chapter 4

chapter 4 梦中的婚礼

------
dear soulmate,

after more than a week, i still have a sprain on my wrist haha. don't worry, i'm fine! though it seems like my work will be postponed. that's good since that means that i can laze around, right?

i'll be resting today. i hope you're doing the same.

xoxo

------

It was a beautiful Saturday night. The skies were dark and yet they were adorned with numerous twinkling stars. A lone figure sat on a garden bench of the Sakamaki mansion, admiring the view as well as her injuries.

The girl sighed, staring at her phalanges that were bandaged like mummy hands.

"Haha, mummy hands." She said, laughing at her own thoughts.

It has been more than a week since she had a not-so-deep cut on her left hand and a sprain on her right. Her cut seemed to be doing well but the sprain was a different story. It would take a month for it to heal as the nurse from the clinic said.

Her eyes trailed off to the nearby bushes adorned with peculiar blue roses. The scenery looked so mystical with the moonlight hitting the petals of the roses, reflecting a slight shimmer that coated their surface.

"These rich snobs know how to make their place look majestically normal." she pointed out, head tilting to the right. "No one will know that extreme people live here."

To top it all the casualties she had received, it has only been two weeks ever since she lodged in the Sakamaki household. And this week was a roller coaster ride. The experiences weren't much of extremities but it made her a bit wary of the guys around her. She wasn't as lax as she was, so to speak.

"You talk as if I could not hear you." Laito pointed out as he carefully picked up a lone rose.

This person was the only sane individual she can talk to. He served as her shield from the death advances of Ayato and Kanato.

"I'm not afraid to voice out the truth." the girl nonchalantly answered, eyes closed as if she was stating the obvious. "You people are the type to have grown in this lavish environment."

The male raised an eyebrow at the girl.

"I have a feeling that no one would bother correcting each of your flaws since one, you're vampires, two, you're rich snobs," she spoke out, eyes up above the vast sky. "And as a bonus, you all have some magical genes that make you all handsome."

She then turned to Laito. "Aside from the first one, these qualities are what society succumbs to."

"I know that I'm way below you. And that sucks. But I don't care. I hate how you guys treat me like dirt and so, I'll tell my disapproval."

"Nfu. If you hate us this much then why are you still sticking close to me?" Laito slowly asked, voice so soft and bewitching as he took a huge whiff of the rose's scent.

It was true. She has been sticking close to him for the past two weeks.

'It's because your brothers are going to kill me and the only possible and safest way I can maneuver through them is you being with me.'

The girl awkwardly laughed at this as she formulated a way to get through the redhead's mind tricks.

"Should I possibly consider this as your way of voicing out your attraction towards me?" he then slowly made his way to the girl, fish eyes forming an expression of charisma.