chapter 20

chapter 20 Falling For You

------
dear soulmate,

found you.

------

Days passed by and turned into weeks. It has been so long yet short ever since the two different souls meet. They had found comfort in the companionship of each other. Every moment was lighthearted and it definitely brought genuine smiles on their lips.

As per usual, the girl was on her way to the classroom of her purple-haired pal. She lightly skipped along the hallway, her hair fluttering against the cold night wind. Her skin was healthier and the dark circles on her eyes disappeared. She definitely looked vibrant compared to how she looks weeks ago.

"Ah, Smoked salmon." a familiar redhead suddenly greeted, a bright smile on his porcelain face. Beside him was the familiar blonde, the real sacrificial bride. She was sticking close to him for the past weeks, making sure that the male won't interact much with the fake one.

The girl quickly halted on her extravagant strides. Her eyes quickly glanced at the blonde before turning to Laito. "Hey, pink salmon."

"How—"

"Ah, Senior!"

The girl instantly perked, attention diverting to her comrade, the purple-haired potato boy.

"Hey!" she enthusiastically greeted, waving her hands around. She patted Laito's arm as if to announce her departure and walked to the male beckoning her over. She didn't spare him another look and walked alongside Yuto, grabbing his hand in an overly-friendly manner. "Onwards to our favorite cafe!"

"How are you reviewing for the exams?"

"What exams?"

And came their boisterous laughter of sadness in their impending doom.

The redhead watched their backs turned smaller as they walk away while chatting in a friendly manner.

He was used to this type of treatment. The promise they had three weeks ago about returning to how things were? That was just a load of bull. With how things currently are, it seemed like reconciliation is impossible.

"Laito... I do really want to pick you..." Yui suddenly said, looking down. This broke Laito's stream of thoughts.

Ah. And there was that. A week ago, Yui told the brothers and the other bride that she wanted to be Laito's sacrificial bride. However, to everyone's surprise, Laito told her that she needed to reconsider her choice. He said that he was not the best candidate due to multiple obvious reasons. It was a subtle way of rejecting her offer. However, the blonde didn't seem to get the message.

And today, he was not in the mood to sugarcoat what he felt towards her offer.

"If you do pick me..." Laito trailed off, lifting her chin with his index finger in order to force her to look up. "Do you consent me to use your body in all ways I want and then dispose of you once you're stripped off your dignity and morality?" he lightly trailed the outline of her lower lip with his thumb, forest green eyes showing a dangerous glint.

With that, he let go of Yui and kindly smiled at her. "Please think of your words before you act on them." and he walked away before she can even reply.

Yui was petrified, feet glued to the floor. Was she willing to risk everything for him?

"Don't you want him that way?"

"I like him b-but..." she whispered, talking to the voice in her head.

"You can also use his body the way you want to and strip him off his dignity and morality."