chapter 35

Chapter 35 Quod Erat Demonstrandum

------
dear soulmate,

goodbye.

------

"Daddy, Daddy!" a small voice chirped out amidst the quiet room.

The red-haired male lying on the bed was harshly slapped on his chest by a small figure. "Com' on, wake 'p! It's nighwime al'eady!"

"Hnmh." the adult replied, gently pulling the toddler away from him. "Not now... Daddy's sleeping." he softly replied.

"Daddy!" another small figure slammed themselves against the guy's body.

"Akh-" his forest green eyes flew open in shock, trailing down to the culprit who just assaulted him. "Chihiro-!"

The toddler grinned, his cute front rabbit teeth exposed. His messy hair that resembled his mother's brushed against his forest green eyes complemented by his porcelain pale skin. "Good mo'ning, Daddy!"

"Goo' mo'nin', Daddy!" another toddler identical to the other greeted the redhead with a large smile, crawling to his blanketed lap. He then took his father's hand out the blanket, playing with the ring gleaming on his finger.

The radiant expressions of the twins instantly turned his mood for the better.

'There goes my sleep again.',

"Good morning, Chihiro, Chihaku." he finally greeted back, giving each one of his sons a pat on the head. He suppressed a yawn, eyes getting teary as he glanced at the vacant space beside his bed, "Where's Mommy?"

With shaky legs, Chihiro stood up on the mattress, "Mum's wo'king!" He then proceeded to help his twin brother up, hands wrapped around the other's hands.

"Working?" Laito's eyes then went to the desk just beyond the bed. There he saw his wife, standing from the desk chair.

Her hair was disheveled to the point of no repair and her eyes had large dark circles. She wore loose white shirt that fell from her shoulder, exposing her black bra strap, and a pair of pajamas.

"Good morning, Honey." Laito greeted, ignoring Chihiro who was tugging at his cheeks and Chihaku who was climbing on his back.

The girl's tired expression morphed into that of extreme anger,

'Oh no. She's mad.'

Her fangs were exposed, a large snarl on her face. Veins popped out her forehead, hands clenched into fists.

"What the f*ck!?"

------

Laito abruptly rose from his lying position, eyes bulging out his sockets. His pale cheeks were flushed as his chest rose up and down in a fast manner. He quickly grabbed on to the spot beside him only to realize that no one was occupying the space. With a horrified look, he twisted his head in the vacant direction. She's not beside him.

'Was it all a dream?'

'Is she just a figment of his imagination?'

"No, no, no. I can't..."

'I can't go back to how my life was without her.'

"What do you mean I gotta redo episode 42!?" an angry familiar voice shouted in a corner.

The redhead looked around, recognizing the girl's frame hunched on the desk meters away from her bed.

"I still haven't saved my progress! No! Don't do this to me, laptop!" she desperately shouted, shaking the poor electronic device.