chapter 15

chapter 15 RUN

------
dear soulmate,

i'm currently running around the depths of a silent night. it's surprisingly hot yet cold air wisps through my frame every now and then, accompanied by the heavy downpour that drenches my body. do you miss me?

because i'm sure as hell that i miss you.

will wandering through these empty streets lead me to you?

i'm scared. my thoughts are muddled up. i can't seem to think straight. i can only call out his name- a name that's not probably yours,

Laito.

------

Run. Just run as fast you can.

The girl continuously chanted these words in her head, throbbing legs functioning as fast as they can. She released a heavy gasp of breath every now and then.

Heavy drops of rain continued to pour down from the sky for the past hour that she was running. Her wet clothes were sticking to her body, as well as her drenched hair. She was pale as death, her body temperature fluctuating from cold to warm as it tried to cope up with her sudden physical activity.

She was tired of running. However, she was more tired of her current situation, her aching heart, and her puzzled mind. That's why she knew that she had to keep running. She needs to run away from the root of all the emotional pain she was suffering from.

Warm tears disintegrated with the cold droplets that fell from her face as she continuously ignored all the pain in her body.

Run. Just run as fast you can.

At long last, she finally reached the city with her miserable state. As expected, the streets were empty due to the sudden cloudburst happening with the exception of some employees with monochromatic umbrellas that littered the area. Despite this, the city lights were still prominent, its bright and lively colors filling the girl's view. It was even more beautiful as it reflected against the puddles on the pavement.

Such beauty remained indistinguishable to the girl as she continued sprinting down the road. Her trance was soon broken when a body suddenly collided against hers. The sudden blunt force made her fall backwards, bottom hitting the ground with a loud thud.

Such occurrence made her racing mind and body stop in an instant. Dazed, she remained seated on the ground, both hands supporting her body as it leaned backwards

"I'm so sorry I wasn't looking!" the male she slammed against apologized. He, too, was a victim for the light purple umbrella which had the color scheme of his hair fell from his grasp which drenched him as well.

"..." she remained quiet, her soaked disheveled hair covering a large fraction of her eyes. She was breathing heavily, chest rising up and down.

The purple-haired male suddenly felt frantic as the girl gave him the silent treatment. "A-are you okay!?" he asked, kneeling down to her. "Did you hurt yourself?"

"..."

"Miss..?"

"... Sniff..."

"... M-miss?"

"Sniff... sniff."

"Miss!?"

------

"Thank you so much, Uncle." the male bowed a couple of times in front of the flamboyantly-dressed male who had his hands on his waist.

"No problem, Yuto." the older male answered with a half-smile. "Just don't forget to come to my salon for your haircut in return." he winked.

The two then looked at the girl for a short while before their eyes met each other once again. "Take care of her. The poor girl looks so broken." with that, the older male handed the keys to Yuto. "And make sure to lock the doors, alright?"