chapter 7

chapter 7 Bandwagon

------
dear soulmate,

nothing happened much! don't worry about me! nothing really weird really really happened!

i hope to meet you real soon!

xoxo

------

One month. Yui was still in the said apartment even after a month. The church won't pick up her calls and no one had tried to look for her. She really doesn't know what to do.

She held out a sigh, softly biting her lower lip. She can't do anything about her current situation.

"Knock, knock." a gentle voice called out, knocking on the blonde's door in a rhythmic pattern.

The girl was startled a bit before she stood up from her couch and answered the door, fully opening it.

In front of her stood a tall lean male with pale complexion. His dyed hair was at shoulder length, having the light color of purple, tied loosely in a ponytail. His brown eyes were almond-shaped in nature, curved downwards as a smile was on his pale pink lips. He was wearing a simple oversized sweater which was pale pink in color paired with blue jeans.

"Hello! I'm your new neighbor, Yuto Hirano," he greeted the girl, offering her a friendly smile. "I have just finished unpacking my stuff so I figured that I'll say my greetings to my neighbors."

Yui was flustered, taking a small step backward. It is true that she was a shy person in nature but also, it was her first time to actually talk to a guy at close proximity. She shook her head to clear her thoughts away, giving a wide smile.

"Ah, it's nice meeting you, Hirano." she greeted, bowing. "I'm Yui Komori. I hope we get along."

"You look young, though." Yuto suddenly pointed out. "Are you also a high school student?"

Yui's eyes visibly widened. Wasn't he too forward?

"Was I being too forward?" the guy laughed as if he read the girl's thoughts. "Sorry 'bout that. It's just that I'm the same; I'm also a high school student. I'm currently studying at Ryoutei Academy day class. Though I'll be moving at night class in two-three months due to an issue with my schedule..." he trailed off as he noticed the girl's confused expression.

"I'm really sorry! I'm a blabbermouth and it's my nature to not stop talking! I should probably leave." he said, giving multiple bows to the girl. He then gave one last grin. "I know that it's weird but I just want you to know that you can count on me."

Yui smiled at this. "Thank you very much."

"Oh and by the way, before I leave, I really love your works!" he said.

"Works...?" Yui asked in confusion.

"You know! Your online comic, La Mort De Toi?"

"... I don't really do any... online comics." Yui said, forehead creasing.

Yuto's smile dropped a bit, his eyes tinted with slight disappointment. "... Really?" he then quickly hid it with a laugh. "I'm sorry, it seems like I confused you with the author."

He gave Yui's shoulder a soft pat. "Never mind me then! If you need help, I'll be in unit 302, okay?"

The girl vigorously nodded as a reply, relief washing over her as she finally met someone who she can rely on.

"Buh-bye!" with that, the purple-haired guy skipped away, his white pair of shoes noticeable.

"He's a nice person," Yui whispered to herself as she watched him hit a nearby wall due to his enthusiastic skipping.