chapter 8

chapter 8 Sonzoned

------
dear soulmate,

Rei and Pink salmon are acting too weird. they keep appearing whenever i don't want them to appear. can't they just leave me alone!?

i need to find someone sane to talk to or else, i'll get dragged in by the two's shenanigans.

i hope you meet me soon so i can hide behind you and then i can stick my tongue out at them.

xoxo

------

"Do you regret being here?"

"Even if I do, it's not like I can do anything about it, right?"

"..."

"Come on! Don't look so guilty! Besides, The sun sets in the west to rise in the east. My mother would always tell me that. It means that all things happen for a reason... I do know that the reason I'm here is because I need to do something. And that may be me meeting you."

"... What do you feel about being here, then?"

"... It's such a pain but I can get through it because I have you, my precious friend."

"..."

"I don't mind getting married if it's you."

"W-what!?"

"I'm not kidding! I don't really mind it. I know that you'll keep me safe if it's you."

And she smiled the sweetest smile the world could offer.

------

It was a peaceful night. Stars were shining brightly— almost as bright as the crescent moon. The Sakamaki brothers as well as their sacrificial bride were attending their classes as they normally do.

In the third year room was Shuu and the girl, as well as a few number of students having their lunch.

"Psst. Shuu." the girl whispered, poking the blonde male's cheek.

Shuu ignored her, continuing to sleep while his head was nestled on his arms.

"Shuu. Shuu. Shuu." she repeatedly said, poking his cheek every now and then.

"Mhm." He replied, swatting her hand away.

"Come on, man. I just need to ask you something important." she lightly whined as she dodged the Sakamaki's assault. "... I'll give you something in return."

This caught his attention. Shuu opened one of his eyes, peeking at the girl's earnest expression. He then released a sigh, sitting up as he unplugged one of his earbuds.

He just can't resist that look.

"What do you want from me, Kiyoko? You keep bothering my sleep." He asked, raising a delicate eyebrow.

The girl's smile faded as her eyes slowly widened. "... W-what?"

She knows that name very much. How does he know that name?

Both stared at each other in silence, the chatter of their classmates dissipating to nothingness. Right now, there was just the two of them.

Shuu was the first to flinch, cursing him and his dazed mind. "I mean... what?" he asked back. He then rubbed his temples, giving a small growl of dissatisfaction. "I'm still feeling a bit tired. Can you ask me later?"

This brought the girl back to her original agenda. "This won't take a while, I swear!" she cheerfully rebutted, pulling out a messily wrapped packaging from her bag and settling it on top of the male's desk. "And this... is the payment."