chapter 27

Bind Facts With A Shoe Lace

------
dear soulmate,

i think i can finally unravel the truth behind my mother. screw studying. i'm finding the key to the treasure.

------

In the dining area.

"Shuu?"

In the kitchen.

"Shuu?"

In the living room.

"Shuu?"

In the game room.

"Shuu?"

In his room.

"Shuu?"

Under his bed.

"Shuu?"

Inside his closet.

"Shuu?"

Behind the curtain.

"Shuu?"

Her right foot.

"Shoe?"

"Where the hell is that vampire?" the girl complained, scratching her scalp in frustration. "And why does this mansion have a lot of rooms?"

She paused and assessed her surrounding. In her hand was the diary that she had found in the mansion's library. Once she saw the picture on the diary, a memory flashed quickly in her mind.

Shuu called her 'Kiyoko' once. She was not able to pay too much attention to it because her attention diverted back to her main concern that time; sacrificial brides.

Upon remembering that moment, she knew that she had to find Shuu Sakamaki and ask about this Kiyoko, her mother. As soon as possible.

"Where can someone like Shuu lie around?" she asked, hand resting on her waist. "Everywhere is the answer. But probably... the music room?"

She didn't waste another moment and raced fast to the said room.

The music room of the mansion contained many instruments. One that caught her attention was the piano. She knew how to play the instrument and above all, she watched him play it.

The girl could clearly remember the way he would close his eyes like he was in a trance, long fingers pressing against the ivory keys of the piano. He had always looked so alluring while playing. He—

"Okay. Brain, stop. No more reminiscing." she scolded herself as she continued running.

But her brain didn't listen. She still can hear the sound of the piano playing in her mind. It was melancholic in nature, making one feel a certain type of sadness that can bring them to tears.

"I said, stop—" she stopped midway.

It was not her brain imagining the sound. Someone was really playing the piano.

'It it Shuu?'

She slowed down her steps, stopping once she was in front of the door. The mahogany door was slightly open, allowing her to take a peek to who was playing the instrument.

His back was facing the door as his fingers continued to move on the piano keys. Auburn hair that shone as moonlight that passed by the glass terrace door hit his frame.

It's not Shuu but she couldn't help but stare at his back. It looked so lonely and isolated. Even the melody that he plays emitted the same emotion.