chapter 19

chapter 19 Jinx In Our Minds

------
dear soulmate,

i told him that we'll act like how we used to. i lied. i realized that i need space in order to stop the overflowing feelings i have for him. it's easier said than done.

hopefully, i can properly conceal my feelings and act normal towards him.

wish me luck.

------

"Dad, I'm telling you, it's true!" the purple-haired male shouted at his wide smartphone as he slipped in his indoor shoes. "I think I found my soulmate!"

"Yuto..." his father's voice was tired. The male can imagine the old man rubbing his temples. "You've claimed too many soulmates already. One is the little girl I told you about-"

"You're the one who pushed the fact that she's my soulmate; I just accepted it," he argued, putting his outdoor shoes in his locker. He then shut it, grabbing his school bag that was left on the floor and entering the premise of Ryoutei Academy.

"Okay, fair point. The second soulmate victim of yours, however, is not my control anymore. Who was it again? Ah! The author of that comic you're addicted to!"

"Well, her point of view is the same as mine." Yuto defended. "Our thoughts are exactly the same. I know so well that only my soulmate will have the same wavelength as my brain."

"And the third one...?"

"They... might be the same person?" the young male sheepishly answered, unsure as well. He ran his free hand through his long purple locks, biting his lower lip as he felt his father's frustration through the cellular device. "I mean! Dad, listen! When I talked to her, I feel so connected with her. And when I touched her, I feel electrified."

"Sure, let's ignore the first two soulmates. But with her, I think I can really believe the fact that she is my soulmate."

"..." There was silence on the other line.

The junior then used this as an opportunity to maneuver through Ryoutei Academy. He took notice of the different atmosphere of the school at night time. It has this chilling aura that somehow resembled a horror movie. The students, however, were mainly people working in the entertainment industry. He can identify at least half of them, giving them casual bows as a sign of respect.

"... Yuto, don't you want to suspend your soulmate searching? We can go to the States first, you know? Maybe you'll meet your real soulmate there during -"

"Atututuututuututttt." Yuto hushed his father. "No way I'll quit school and acting before I find her. Remember what I said? I'll only go to States when I'm with her."

Shinji released a sigh of defeat. He can't just argue with his son. "Okay, then. Good luck. Don't forget to drink your meds."

"Yes, Dad..." the purple-haired trailed off, seeing a familiar back of a girl walking to a corner. The smile that was on his face faded as his mind started to scream that it was her. "Dad, I gotta go. Bye."

He quickly ended his call and jogged in the direction the girl was going.

"Hey, miss!" he called out. This garnered the attention of the other girls in the area.

"Oh my gosh! It's Yuto from In A Midnight Summer's Dream!" someone shouted.

The male bit his lower lip as he realized the bind he was in. He awkwardly waved at the girls and smiled at them as he continued his jog. However, chasing the girl proved to be difficult when his fangirls started to encircle him. More and more girls join in the crowd until there was just his face visible in the sea of girls.