chapter 31

chapter 31 Ignorance Is Your New Bestfriend

------
dear soulmate,

i'm currently packing my bags. dang, i never realized that i have a lot of stuff that i brought with me.

soon, night will turn back to day. the sun will rise and by then, i'll be gone from this mansion. i'm going to miss this place so much. especially the residents of this place.

------

Ears ringing, heart thumping. With these two noises clouding his senses, he slowly opened his hazel eyes. The sight in front of him was a white blur, dim fluorescent lights in his peripheral view.

"Oh. You're awake." a nonchalant voice said beside him.

He turned his head towards the unknown individual, blinking in order to clear his sense of sight. Once he was able to do so, he spotted red locks of hair and piercing green eyes staring at his weak visage. It was his classmate, Laito Sakamaki. Not liking the side angle of said male, he rose up from his lying position. He was careful not to exert too much force that might hinder his head.

"Where... am I?" the purple-haired male asked, forehead creasing as he leaned his upper body on the headboard of the bed he was lying on.

"Clinic. You started to convulse in the hallway. I was passing by." the redhead briefly explained. He sat on a stool, legs and arms crossed.

'And that irresponsible nurse asked me to watch over you until he comes back.'

"Oh, I see. Did... others see?"

"Not really. It was just me."

Yuto rubbed his throbbing temples, slightly grateful that no one but this guy saw his sorry state. He had started to lose sleep due to the worry he had felt for the past days that his soulmate was not around. It was like a form of anxiety that triggered him to feel so much stress. And this accumulated stress led to, of course, his seizure a couple of hours ago.

He let out a relieved sigh, deciding that he should get back to his usual mood. He let some dead silence erupt the entire clinic, giving him time to breathe and compose himself.

And!

Speaking of his soulmate...

"Ah, Laito." he casually called out to his classmate, looking straight into the Sakamaki's eyes. "Do you know if soulma— senior is well already?"

It was not magic that Laito already knew who the guy was referring to. "... She's okay. Just resting."

"Oh." Yuto nodded in disappointment. When will he see his beloved soulmate!? He puffed his cheeks out, flailing his limbs around. "I'm so lovesick!" he complained in frustration.

A week without her is driving him nuts!

The redhead's ears perked at the terminology the male used, "... Lovesick?"

"You know!" the other male leaned forward. "That feeling of frustration! You want to remain by her side but you couldn't! You know you can make a move but you couldn't due to circumstances— ouch!" He quickly grabbed his head that suddenly inflicted immense pain, which made his body stiff for a second.

Learning that he shouldn't make extravagant gestures, Yuto laid back on the bed, curling into a tight ball as he cried imaginary fat tears.

'D*mn, that hurts.'

Due to lack of empathy towards his classmate, Laito ignored the purple-haired male's pain and proceeded to state in a casual manner, "You seem to know a lot about love."