chapter 21

chapter 21 Crazy For You

------
dear soulmate,

.

------

The sun was already shining brightly by the time the girl managed to get back to the mansion. Good thing that she informed Reiji about her plans beforehand.

She was really sleepy and was ready to pass out on the floor here and there. However, she mustered her remaining strength and climbed to her room.

Once inside her personal space, she threw her bag on her desk. She didn't notice the mess her room was in, how her stuff has been put in a big disarray and she wasn't the one who did that. No way she would. She was prepared to dive on her bed. However

"Holy sh*t, Laito?"  the girl clutched on her chest, surprised at the scene in front of her. Her heart seemed to have stopped beating for a second and startled her to get out her drowsy state.

The scene was actually completely harmless in nature. After all, it was just the redhead lying down on her bed, snuggling close to one of her pillows. On the floor was the bottle of wine she saw earlier on their doorsteps.

The girl stepped out the mansion door, inhaling the fresh scent of the blue roses growing on the garden. Another night of school.

She was about to take her first step out of the household when she almost tripped on an object littered on the ground. She looked down to spot the culprit, a basket with a bottle of wine inside it.

"Rei, we got some weird loot basket here. Maybe someone wants to bomb your house because you guys are a bunch of jerks!" she shouted, picking the basket up.

Ah. The wonderful feeling of her first insult of the day for her assh*le housemates.

"That's actually for me." a velvety voice pointed out behind her.

"Oh, pink salmon. You getting hammered?" she nonchalantly said, turning around and placing the basket in the male's outstretched hand.

"Maybe." he smiled.

"Good for you." she raised her thumbs up, not looking into his eyes and instead, sprinting to her next victim.

"Shu, you look dead today!"

The girl shook her head, getting rid of the memory. Her eyes went back to the bottle of wine that was now completely empty, judging by the way it was sprawled on the floor. It was not only the bottle that was on the floor. Some of her clothes, as well as her artworks, were also trashed around the area.

"Did you really get drunk in my room?" she asked the sleeping vampire. "You even have the tenacity to mess up the room that was already messy."

... Naturally, she got no response from the male. This made her release a sigh. How will she able to move this heavy non-human being from her bed?

Scratch that. First of all, she should clean up the mess he did. Rolling her sleeves up, she started to pick up the objects thrown around the room. She stacked the papers with her drawings and settled them on top of her desk. The clothes that were lying around were put in a laundry basket placed beside her desk.

Lastly, she knelt down and picked up the bottle on the carpeted floor. Unconsciously, she sniffed the lid... which she regretted instantly.

The girl coughed violently as a heavy aroma assaulted her olfactory sense. It didn't even smell alcoholic; rather, it smelled like the door to hell. The scent was not pungent yet it carried a toxic odor which could make one crumple his or her face in disgust.