chapter 18

chapter 18 A Touch of Dalliance

-------

dear soulmate,

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii i drinnk wid daddu glussas some shot s. you liek that? i lkie it.

i tell im huw mach mi hert horts. he jus nod and nod. then he hlep me stand bat he tipsi and bonk hsi hed on mien.

meyba he drunk mor than me.

------

Once Laito and the girl reached the mansion, they parted ways with the girl telling the redhead that she still had her job to do. Hesitantly, he complied and let the girl be on her way.

Currently, the freshly-showered girl took her leisurely walk along the mansion's garden, taking in the beautiful sight of roses with dewdrops falling from their neatly-arranged petals.

Her hair slowly fluttered against the gentle wind the previous rain had endorsed. Her shining eyes were staring intently at the sight in front of her, forehead creased in what seems to be a sign of contemplation. She might look like she was deep in thought but that was not actually what was occurring in her mind.

'Should I drink beer or vodka?' she thought to herself, a hand settling on her chin.

While traversing with Laito, she couldn't help but notice that her heart and mind felt too uneasy because of the male. If she wanted to function at 100%, she needs to momentarily forget this uneasiness. That said, she decided that she wanted to drink alcohol. A lot of them.

Despite the young age, she can feign adulthood and buy a couple of packs of her favorite good stuff, beers and vodka. She indulges in these alcoholic drinks once a while, knowing her limits and not killing her liver in the process of her merriment.

"You... What are you doing here?" A rough voice called out, disrupting her thoughts.

She twisted her head to the direction of the voice, seeing the familiar albino emerging from the forests located behind the mansion.

"Thinking," she answered. "What were you doing there?"

Subaru answered her inquiry with a glare. "Why should I tell you?"

"Then why should I tell you what I was doing?" she asked back, arms settling on her waist. "... Wait, I already told you what I was doing. D*mmit."

Well, there goes her sass.

Crimson eyes watched her mannerisms, drinking in her stance as well as her speaking style. It was like watching a little girl throwing a tantrum for not getting what she wants. How familiar.

Such a small gesture made him smile a little.

"Go to bed soon. The sun is about to rise." he forcefully knocked on her forehead before turning around to enter the mansion.

"Ouch, man," she complained, pushing him forward.

Such action caught him off guard and made him stumble forward. "Wa— you idiot!" he exclaimed in surprise, quickly recovering afterwards. He glared at the gloating girl.

With a loud grunt, he bit his retort and continued walking away. He just needs to be the bigger person in the situation.

"Hey, Subaru!" she called out, making him turn his head. "Vodka or beer?"

"What."

------

Six rhythmic knocks followed by a throat being cleared.