chapter 11

chapter 11 One Sob Story (I)

______
dear soulmate,

i'm sorry. i told my secret to someone else other than you. it's just because... he's just like me. we're the same.

i hope you can forgive me. don't worry; you're still my only one.

------

Laito's lips met hers in a soft kiss.

...

Or so he thought. The girl quickly tilted her head downwards and pressed her lips together which led to Laito kissing her philtrum instead.

"..." The redhead's left eye twitched in annoyance.  He then let go of the girl and sat up, hand guiding the girl to do the same.

"Have you calmed down now?" he asked, a bit of irritation in his voice as he refused to look at the girl.

"Mhm... yeah..." the girl awkwardly laughed, rubbing her punctured neck unconsciously. "I'm sorry for troubling you."

Laito softly sighed, eyes finally looking at her. He just couldn't handle not checking her wellbeing. After all, she did just threw a tantrum less than an hour ago.

"You should avoid overworking yourself." he then smirked. "If you don't, I'll continuously take advantage of you."

The girl rolled her eyes but released another laugh, a lighthearted one this time. She didn't utter any word and instead leaned her head on his shoulder.

Such intimate position didn't make her feel uncomfortable. After having her blood drank by the male, she found an invisible connection between the two of them. She felt closer and she didn't mind such small skinship.

Both remained silent, the sound of the ticking clock was the only noise that can be heard.

"Laito, where's your mother?"

The comfortable silence shattered into pieces as the warmth present on the vampire's face went painfully cold. His eyes that were burning with life turned back to being hollow and dead. He released a dry laugh that echoed across the room. It gave chills to the girl, making her shiver. Despite that, she remained leaning on him.

"You just know where to push my buttons, don't you?" he asked, voice bitter and distant. His violent tendencies started to surface. Yet, he didn't give in to his urge and instead gripped on the sheets beneath him. "The woman that is my mother," he paused.

"I killed her."

...

Laito remained still as he assessed the girl's reaction. However, her face remained unreadable, albeit a small smile making its way to her pink lips.

"Me too," she replied, "I killed my mother too."

She then let her eyes meet his. "No wonder we have the same eyes."

Green orbs widened in surprise as he stared at the girl in front of him. Did she just tell him that she killed her mother?

"Will you share your sob story or should I tell mine first?" she lightly joked amidst the circumstances they were in.

"My story is simple just like me," he answered, smiling coldly as his eyes lingered on her tempting lips.

"Us brothers have different mothers. Ayato, Kanato, and I are triplets and we have the same mother. Reiji and Shuu also have the same mother. Subaru is an only child of our father and his mother."

"My mother is a filthy whore," he said as if he was commenting about the weather. "She f*cked any men she wanted yet who she desires alone is our father. She was so pathetic and simpleminded."