chapter 9

chapter 9 Flashbacks

------
dear soulmate,

what would you do if someone gave you so much power that you don't really know what to do about? wow, that sounded philosophical. please give me an award for that.

anyway, my stay in the Sakamaki household is going okay. i always stay away from the takoyaki freak and doll boy in order to be safe. things are getting better since i'm finally adjusting to their mood swings.

pink salmon is still acting weird. however, he had gotten nice which is good. i don't mind spending time with him. actually, i'm enjoying my time with him. i can just run away if he suddenly gets weird.

don't worry! my plan still has not changed! i'm going to go find you once i'm stable enough to support myself.

xoxo

------

"... I found her." a deep voice muttered in triumph as he looked at the door in front of him.

In his hand was a sheet of paper crumpled into an unidentified mess. One can still see the handwriting but the person must squint and tilt his or her head in a variety of angles.

The man safely tucked the piece of paper in his chest pocket, straightening his posture afterward.

Room 301.

He adjusted his gloves and then knocked on the door thrice. There was shuffling that resonated from the other side of the door before it opened, revealing a petite blonde girl.

Her pink eyes blinked in surprise as she assessed the person in front of her.

"May I help you...?" she politely asked.

"Are you Yui Komori?" Reiji ignored her inquiry as rude and polite as he can, adjusting his eyeglasses as he eyed the girl from top to bottom.

"... Uh, y-yes." she stiffened under his scrutiny, shying away by lightly dipping her head downwards.

"Is this your handwriting?" the male then took out the crumpled paper from his chest pocket and showed it to the girl.

Yui's eyes widened as she started to nod vigorously. "Yes, yes! This is mine. And this is the address where I was supposed to go! Thank god!" she exclaimed in joy, giving a silent prayer of grace as her lips stretched into a grin.

"... It is you, then." he gave a small nod.

Inwardly, the violet-haired male felt a bit of relief as he finally found the rightful sacrificial bride. He was appreciative of the fact that it's not her. She need not suffer the fate of a human livestock.

"Rei, come on. Open it, open it!" the enthusiastic girl insisted him, rocking his arm back and forth as she present to him a flat object wrapped clumsily with a white paper filled with doodles. It was low budget and poorly done on the outside. What else would the inside be?

He glared at her, unamused by her close proximity and invasion of his private space. How dare she act familiar with him? If it wasn't for the fact that they're in school, he would have given her a proper punishment.

"What is this?" he asked, a small frown present on his perfectly sculpted face.

"It's a gift, duh," she said, pulling a thumbs up. "It's for keeping up with me."

...

The male rubbed his temples, feeling exasperated. He didn't voice out his complaints though. Instead, he unwrapped the package as delicately as he can to reveal a framed drawing.