[ 39 ]

[A/N: I recommend playing: "the truth untold/the undelivered truth" while reading this chapter]

•••

[ September 25 ; Friday ]

"We believe that this children were the closest friends of Minhyuk" the principal said.

"What is going on?" You asked.

Mrs. Ahn looked at you, eyes brimmed with tears. You knew her but not that much. Minhyuk had a distant relationship with his parents, especially his father.

"It's because he was too soft, letting people hurt him" Mr. Ahn said, that was the sole reason he hated his father because of his father's, I quote—'homophobic ass'.

"What the fuck is going on?!" You screamed again. Gookdu's eyes traveled everywhere except Minhyuk's parents.

"Ms. (L/N), language please" the principal reminded. "Minhyuk, was found dead in a sewer."

And that was it, your sight blackened and you lost your consciousness.

You woke up thinking it was all a bad dream. No, he couldn't die, he was supposed to be your roommate in college, your wingman, your maid of honor (aside from Youra) and godfather to your twins. This was a total shock to you. You were sent home instead of attending the last class.

And you did, but the house felt silent. You didn't know what to do, so your cried the whole night. You didn't ate dinner and didn't eat breakfast the next morning. Your phone blared out its ringtone and you just ignored it. The fact that he just died and the news came out of nowhere left you flabbergasted.

Lunch came and you had no motivation whatsoever. All you wanted to do was cry and cry and cry your tears out. Youra came bringing McDonalds, she tried to ease the pain you were feeling, she did. But it just can't possibly disappear suddenly. So she left to give you space, and the McDonalds haven't been touched yet.

You felt so pathetic. He was going through something and instead of being there with him you chose to let him be by giving him space. So selfish of you. In a dramatic setting, he was screaming and all you did was ignore it.

And you call yourself a friend (Y/N)?

That sunday morning, the Ahns decided to cremate Minhyuk's body and you respected that. That sunday lunch you went with the Ahns and watched Minhyuk's last mass and cremation. You and Mrs. Ahn bawling out tears, while Mr. Ahn and Gookdu although tried not to, broke into tears as well. Some of your classmates came, in fact Yoongi did too he tried to comfort you but it just wasn't working.

They invited you and Gookdu to their family dinner and you accepted respectfully. The dinner was good and all you talked about was Minhyuk,

"Minhyuk is gay" You confessed, you knew Minhyuk wanted to come out to his parents. And you thought he'd love it if you tell his parents for him.

"We know dear" Mrs. Ahn said.

"He told you?" You asked.

"It was pretty obvious. That son of mine was too soft" Mr. Ahn chuckled.

"I have a confession to make" Gookdu spoke his eyes glossy. "I'm Minhyuk's boyfriend" he said.

"Oh my gosh, since when?" You asked and he bashfully replied. "That one day he didn't eat with you"

Minhyuk's mother sweetly smiled as Gookdu recalled their lunch dates that Gookdu cherished. Mr. Ahn only smiled.

"Atleast he didn't die a virgin" Mr. Ahn said as Mrs. Ahn scolded him and he replied he was only kidding.

"This was the last thing he sent me"
You said showing your phone and the voicemail and you played it.

"I love you, I never meant to hurt you. Tell Yoongi what I always wanted to say to h—"

Mr. and Mrs. Ahn hugged each other. Well Gookdu sniffled wiping his tears and snot.

"Yoongi? Who's Yoongi?" Mr. Ahn asked and what did Minhyuk wanted to say to him.

"It's just an inside joke" you shrugged off. But you didn't tell them because it was embarrassing and Minhyuk's boyfriend was just there.

You closed your eyes. "Minhyuk, we miss you" you mumbled so that none of them would hear it. But they did and smiled.

That sunday night you listened to the videos you have of Minhyuk in your laptop and your cellphone, especially his last voicemail.

Repeatedly, on and on.

That monday early morning at 1, you cried yourself to sleep.

[A/N: to those who played the truth untold. Thank you for streaming. Stream fake love too❤️ for our boys KJSKAKA]