15.0

Another week had gone by and the boys are making good progress. They had been practicing non stop, even sleep began to be a foreign thing for them to do. Only one week left before the first round of the talent show and the boys are working very hard.

The dance that Soonyoung choreographed was actually good and the boys learned it so well that they are able to remember it perfectly. But they were still having a bit of a hard time singing and dancing at the same time. They can't sing their lines properly because they would already been out of breath from dancing by then.

Still, the boys didn't give up, they didn't let that problem pull them down. Instead they started working even harder and with more determination. They practiced almost 10 hours a day with only little to no breaks or rest in between.

The warehouse is where the boys  spent their days practicing. They have turned the old building's first floor into their own personal dance studio. They cleaned the place up and place some equipments and furtinures in it for them to use. One of the old rooms in the warehouse became Jihoon's new recording/music studio. All the equipments from Jihoon's old studio was all transfered to the new one with the help of the boys. It was easier for Jihoon's studio and the dance space to be in the same place so that the boys won't waste time going back and forth from different places.

They would also spend their nights on the warehouse. The second floor was cleaned and the rooms on the said floor were also cleaned and fixed to be bedrooms or a decent place for the boys to sleep in when they have to stay the night. The warehouse became like a dorm house for the boys.

At the moment, the boys are taking a break from their three hour nonstop dancing. They sat in a circle on the floor with the foods and drinks that they brought. While eating, they're discussing things about their practice. Adjustments and all that.

"I don't really think our formation will work. I mean we can't only be dancing in a square, we also need to move around. A literal change in positions and that means no one dancing in the same spot"

"Soonie, we can barely dance properly in a square, now you want to try a different shape? And what shape do you want next? A circle?"

Seungkwan snorted at Seungcheol's suggestion, earning a glare from the older.

"Fine Seungkwan, let me hear a better suggestion from you" Jeonghan retorted. Seungkwan takes a drink from his cola first before answering.

"A Diamond"

"A Diamond? How is that any better?"

Jeonghan shakes his head and laughs mockingly. Seungkwan frowned.

"Actually, that might work" Soonyoung said making Jeonghan stop laughing and raised a brow at the red haired boy.

Soonyoung sighs when he saw the confused looks on the boys' faces.

"You see in a diamond formation, we can properly distribute ourselves and we can easily move or change positions without bumping into one another. Quick! Finish eating and we'll work on it now! Come on!"

so the boys ate their food as fast as they could and they took a five minute proper rest before continuing with their practice again.

This time, Soonyoung changes their original formation to a diamond one and he placed the boys according to their heights much to Jihoon's delight. After fixing their new formation, they also did some major changes in their routine due the change of formation. But the boys didn't complaim because it was worth it. Their dance routine became easier because of the Diamond formation and their practice went smoothly.

Singing and dancing at the same time is now easier for the boys, thanks to the techniques and tricks that Jihoon taught them.
The boys, also, had mastered the routine and their cues. Their perfomance was quite good. It just need some more practice and they will surely be ready for the show.

(One Week Later)

The boys waited anxiously in their classroom. They couldn't sit still because they are bubbled up with various emotions, they were feeling a little bit of excitement but they were also feeling worried and afraid.

Today is the day the boys have been preparing for and there is only an hour left before the show will start. The boys decided to not use the remaining time to do  a dry run, instead they locked themselves in their classroom to try to rid themselves off the nervousness and relaxed their selves.

"You can do this boys, just think of the hardships that you went throught just to get here today. Make all those hardships, worth it. Show them all what the special class are capable of and make me proud"

The boys smiled gratefully at Ms. Gaeul and took her words of encouragement as fuel for the new determination that came to them. There was a knock on the door and the boys already knew who it was.

They all stand up and gave their teacher a hug before fixing their outfits and hairs. The boys decided to wear their uniform tracksuits for the performance because they really didn't have any spare time to come up with their outfit. They were so busy that they almost forgot.

With one last smile to their teacher, the boys left the room and the council rep was outside waiting for them. The council rep smiled at the boys and they all walked together to the gym where the Talent show will be held.

The boys were then lead to the backstage area where the other acts are lounging before they go on stage.

An overwhelming feeling dawns onto the boys as they see the acts that they will be competing against with. The boys suddenly felt conscious at the fact that they were already sweating and they haven't even performed yet. They were sweating because the nerves had set back in and they could feel their hearts hammering in their chests.

"Boys you will be performing seventh, that is after NU'EST. When NU'EST is on stage, all of you should be on other side of the stage because that is where your entry point is."

The boys only nods their head, they were too nervous to talk right now. Suddenly music was heard and it was coming from the stage which only meant one thing.

The show had begun.

After some boring introductions and lame speeches, the performances began and the boys sat in the lounge area, waiting anxiously for their turn.

"So...i never really asked the name of your group. What is it?" The council rep asked. He was staying with the boys for moral support.

"We don't have one yet"

"Why not? You should have one"

"We didn't have time to think one" Jeonghan answered.

"How about we think one now? While we're waiting?" The council rep tries to ease the boys from their anxieties and only got ignored in return.

"Okay........maybe we'll just do that later" the council rep said and the boys just ignored him again.

The third act exits the stage and the fourth act enters, the boys could hear the loud cheering from outside which made them wonder, will someone cheer for them too?

Just fifteen minutes later, the fifth act finally exits the stage. NU'EST gets up from their seat and entered the stage. The boys' nervousness just doubled when realization came to them that they will be the next act to go on stage.

The boys gets up from their chairs and started walking to their entry point. Their nerves were now all over the place and as much as they want to back out, they can't. It's their future on the line.

NU'EST finally exits the stage and the boys felt frozen for a moment before taking deep breaths and walks out behind the curtain. Walking on the stage, they were immediately greeted with gasps from the audience. It was because no one other than school officials were informed that the special class will be participating in the show.

The boys felt very overwhelmed with the massive amount of audience they have. Hansol feels like running away from the amount of judging eyes that were staring down at them. He felt small and scared. He was about to take a step back when a hand grip his wrist.

It was Seungkwan who gave him a reassuring smile.

"We can do this boys, Just pretend that we have no audience. That we are in our warehouse practicing our routine. Okay? Okay let's start"

The boys did their diamond formation and the music began playing.

"SEVENTEEN-TEEN TEEN! NEOWANA SAYEA!"