42.0

"Okay. We're almost next"

"I still can't get over the fact we're wearing pink"

"Jun stop complaining about the pink already"

"Yah! Who's gonna help me carry this couch?"

"You can do it on your own Cheolie. You're strong right?"

"I hate you Jeonghan"

"I'll help you with couch hyung!"

"Thank you Seokminie!"

"Awww my Dokyeomie is so kind!"

"Shut up Jeonghan"

"You know you love me Cheolie."

"Wow. Where is the lie in that?"

"I really want that Fringed Bomber Jacket"

"Oh my god Jun."

"Boys your lines! Please oh please don't mess up your lines."

"Mingyu stop touching me."

"Aww Wonwoo hyung....why? You look so cute especially in pink."

"I hate pink."

"Finally! Someone gets me!"

Only fifteen minutes before it's their turn to perform and the boys are buzzing with nervousness and annoyance. Nervous at the fact that they are only minutes away from doing their last performance on stage. They are prepared and all but the fear and anxiousness doesn't really lessen, it instead started to grow.

The annoyance was mainly for Jun who is still not over the fact about wearing pink and Wonwoo who is trying his very best not to smack Mingyu to another universe as the tall boy did nothing for the past minutes but cling to him and act cute.

Mingyu was really cute but of course Wonwoo won't admit that. It's just the clinginess of the tall boy that really annoys Wonwoo, morelike makes him feel uncomfortable and slightly fidgety. Not to mention that he is already blushing mad because of how he can literally feel Mingyu's broad chest and damn muscled arms trapping him on a backhug.

Then there's Seungcheol who has been fussing about chairs. Yes, chairs.

The group has decided that it would look better and feel more comfortable if they sit down while doing their performance. Since they didn't really have any choreography.

Having Seokmin help him carry one of the couches out, Seungcheol began collecting more chairs as the couch wasn't gonna fit them all.

"That's only five extra chairs. Which means two of the boys will have to stand up althroughout our stage. Any volunteers? None? Okay I'll just pick later"

Seungcheol, with the help of Soonyoung and Chan, they carried the chairs near their entrance point. Then Seungcheol came back and had DK help him carry the other half of the couch.

"Mingyu stop flirting with the Sloth and carry the other half of the couch to Seungcheol"

Mingyu pouted as the boys began snickering behind him. He hesitantly lets go of Wonwoo and went to where Jeonghan is waiting for him with indeed the other half of the couch. Still pouting like child, Mingyu single handedly carried the other half of the couch much to the boys' surprise. His muscles bulging and his forehead glistened with sweat, Wonwoo find himself unconsiously licking his lips at the delicious sight infront of him.

"Oh my. He's so Hot." Wonwoo almost jumps in surprise and he turned to see one of the female staffs standing beside him. The way she was staring at Mingyu didn't settle well with Wonwoo, for some reason.

Wonwoo looks down and saw her staff ID. It read Seulgi .

Seulgi eventually notices Wonwoo staring at her and gave the emo lad a pat on the shoulder much Wonwoo's surprise again.

"Eventhough I would kill to have a boyfriend like that, I'm not gonna steal him. He's all yours dude. All yours" another pat on the shoulder and Seulgi left, leaving Wonwoo in shock and is now blushing darker.

"Hyung are you okay?"

Wonwoo almost snapped his head at how fast he turned and there stood Mingyu with a slight amusement on his face. Wonwoo looks really flustered now and Mingyu had no idea why, nonetheless he kepy smiling like an idiot.

Wonwoo noticed the hair that was sticking on Mingyu's sweaty forehead and without hesitation, Wonwoo used a gentle hand to lightly brushed the hair back while his other hand wipes away from Mingyu's forehead with his lavender scented handkerchief.

Mingyu visibly blushed while the older remained unaware of his actions.

"BOYS BE READY! WE'LL BE ON AT 5" The two heard Seungcheol's voice from behind.

Mingyu, with a sudden gain of courage, held one of Wonwoo's hand and entwined their fingers together. Wonwoo shyly looks away while Mingyu just continued smiling and together, they went to where the boys are now gathering. Seungcheol in the midst of his pep talk/speech.

"Let's do our best but most importantly, Let's enjoy this performance." Seungcheol finished and they were about to shout out their slogan when Chan cuts in and said something that silenced the group entirely.

"Hyung what's gonna happen to us after this?"

Seungcheol made eye contact with Jeonghan who in return gave him a reassuring smile. That simple gesture gave Seungcheol the strenght to say the following words.

"We will always Be, Like we have been, Friends"

Chan smiled, feeling himself teared up. Some of the boys too were trying but failing miserably not to tear up. And of course, Mingyu just has to destroy the moment by awwing loudly.

The tall boy immediately recieved an elbow jabbed from the someone standing beside him, the someone being none other than Seungkwan.

Instead of feeling hurt or anything, Mingyu just smiled and playfully winked at Seungkwan to which the latter responded with an eye roll, also meant to be playful.

With no more interruptions, the boys proceeded with their slogan.

"SEVENTEEN FIGHTING!"

Exactly 5 minutes later, the boys are called to the stage for it was now their turn. Seungcheol and some of the boys carried the couch and chairs on the stage. They started arranging the chairs while the crowd and the panel of judges watched them in confusion.

The boys placed the couch on the very center of the stage. Then additional five chairs were brought on the stage. Two chairs on the right side of the couch and the other three on the left side of the couch.

Six of the boys occupied the couch. Wonwoo, Jisoo and Woozi sitting properly on the couch with Jisoo and his guitar in the center. Then there's Vernon and Chan who sat on each armrest of couch while Soonyoung, being weird as he is, sat at the headrest directly behind Joshua.

The five chairs are used by Five boys. Jeonghan with Mingyu and The8 sat on the right side while Seungcheol pulled Seungkwan with him and they sat on the other two chairs on the left.

That leaves Jun and Seokmin as the only ones standing, not that they mind. Jun stood behind Seungcheol while Seokmin stayed close with his Jeonghan hyung.

The backdrop suddenly changed from the galaxy themed that the previous performer used to a royal blue with beautiful snowflakes floating and falling everywhere.

The background felt wintery and the floor was suddenly covered with a thin layer of fog. Adding to the feel of winter. This last minute idea was from Soonyoung who thought that a little set design would help improve the mood of their performance and amazingly it did.

The crowd fell silent as the stage lights dimmed a little. There was a soft sigh followed by a soft strumming of the guitar.

All eyes on the boys as their final performance unfolds before them.