Chapter 3

I head back to the loud building I watch as people prepare to leave. I clock out and run to the back and grab the kids. I look for my coworkers Dumb and Dumber aka Erick and Matthew. They each grabbed a twin and I grab the baby and they help me put them in the car. I thank them and drove home. I park the car in the parking deck and turned off the car. I feel my throat getting a big ball in it and feel my eyes start to water. My vision becomes blurry and I feel the hot tears start to roll on my cheeks to my chin to my neck.

I sat in the car crying silently. I can't believe I'm about to lose this job how am I going to tell Abigail what am I going to do. I quickly suck it up.

Crying doesn't solve problems it only wastes time and shows that you are weak.

I listen to the voice in my head wipe my tears and exit the car. I wake up the twins and had to hush their whining so that they could walk to the elevator. I enter the lobby and Tyson was there with his friend Devin. I whisper-yell with my cheeks still wet and my eyes still puffy and red from crying earlier, how embarrassing. "Why are you in the lobby you need to be sleeping you have school tomorrow more like in 4 hours."

He grabs one of the twins shushing them while Devin grabbed another. They each escort me in the elevator and we shoot up to our floor. I start to pull out the house key from my purse and the boys stood there with the kids in hand saying nothing. Thank God. We arrive on our floor and I open the door to see a tired Abigail sleeping on the couch. I quietly turn off the lamplight while the boys put the twins in their bed. I grab Genesis and put her in her crib. I lay on the bed and feel my eyelids start to droop. I try to fight it so I can take a shower and brush my teeth but the tiredness pinned me to my bed and the last thing I feel is a tear sliding down my left cheek.

Beep! Beep! Beep! What the hell is that loud noise? Beep! Beep! Beep! Go away! Beep! Beep! I crack an eye open to see my ceiling. I turn my head in the direction of the noise and see my IPhone vibrating and ringing on my nightstand. I groan and sit up feeling very angry that I have been woken up from my slumber. I turn my body to the crib to see the baby gone. I rush of panic goes through me but it fades away when I hear Tyson outside of my room hushing and cooing the baby. I check the time while shutting the alarm off. Ah, it's 8:00 am I think to myself while putting it back on the nightstand. I get up but stop dead in my tracks. I turn around again and pick up my phone Holy crap! It's 8 am! I scream and run to the bathroom. I close the bathroom door and start to strip while turning on the shower head for the water can warm up.

I hear my bedroom door open and Abigail voice booms through the room. "Hey, are you okay?" I yell out "No it's 8 and I have to be at work at 9!" I tell her everything that had happened last night all while showering, washing my face, brushing my teeth fixing my hair, and dressing my myself for work. When I finally stop speaking and moving around like a wild woman she sighs and stands up from where she was sitting on my bed. "Your boss called from the restaurant and left a message, um someone told her to fire you but she said she wouldn't do that because you're her best worker and he said she better or else and she said she would suspend you for 2 months."

I look at Abigail ashamed and try to hold back my tears. I don't want her to see my tears. I say in a shaky voice "I should have just let him treat me like shit but no I had to open my mouth I'm sorry Abigail." She hugs me and lets me rest my head on her shoulder. She's pretty tall so she has to bend down to hug me. "Shhh it's okay you told him the truth he's in the wrong here."

I look up at her and said "Don't tell Tyson not until he's out of school for summer vacation. I need him to concentrate on his finals and then we can tell him so that he can get a job this summer to help out as we told him." She nods and gives me a small smile. "You know it's okay to cry." I say mostly to myself "Don't cry tears are a weakness. Don't cry tears make you weak." I say this to myself every time I feel like crying or when I cry so I can stop. Crying won't solve the problem or get the work done no need to waste minutes or seconds crying when those minutes and seconds can be used to solve the problem.