Chapter 48

This is not edited and has some grammar in-corrections and misspelling.

"Open your eyes." Blayze moves his hands away from my eyes and I open my eyes. My eyes land on a massive box in the center of the foyer with a large blue bow on top. "What's inside?" I ask curiosity rising within me. "Open it." He encourages as he prepares his camera. I do as I'm told and I squeal when I see what's inside. "It's a puppy!" I squeal with joy. The puppy scurries into my arms and snuggles into me. It barks as he cuddles into my chest and licks my hand. "Surprise," Blayze quietly says as he takes a few pictures before plopping down next to me. "Blayze, thank you so much. I love it but don't you think it's too much? What will happen when all of this is over? How will we act after thi-"

"Suzette, relax! Just- just enjoy the moment okay. Everything else will fall into place." Is all he tells me as he pets the puppy's head. I sigh in defeat and rub the puppy's belly and it barks with glee. "What are you going to name him?" Blayze questions as he takes a picture of me and the dog. "It's a he, huh...well...let's name him-"

"Puppy!"

I turn around to see Harmony running towards us. She tackles Blayze back and he laughs as she wrestles him to let her reach for the puppy. I give the puppy to Harmony and I decide to ask Blayze the breed of the puppy. "It looks like a husky but it's so white," I inform him. "That's because it's a white Siberian husky." I stare at the dog with fascination. "He's beautiful." I compliment as I rub the puppy's head.

"What's his name?" Harmony asks

"Husky," I tell her and she scrunches her face up in disapproval. "That's stupid Suzette." She replies. "That's a terrible name for this little guy." Blayze agrees as he too starts to mess around with the puppy playfully. "Well, then you name it." I huff out. "No way! It's your dog so you name it." Blayze quickly states.

"Husky is his name."

"Ew!"

"Blayze if you don't like it, name it."

"I already told you it's up to you."

"But why that name it's weird."

"You're weird."

"How about Winter?"

Blayze and I glance over to Harmony who is cradling the puppy in her arms. "He's white as snow and it's still winter since it's February. Let's name him Winter." Suggest Harmony confidently. Blayze looks at me and I return the same look of approval. "Okay," We say in unison. "Winter is his name." Blayze starts to stand up and continues to say, "We can get him a collar and tag tomorrow." I instruct Harmony to head to bed as Blayze carries the puppy to its kennel.

We head upstairs to the bedroom and as we do so I check on Genesis and find her fast asleep in her crib after we head to our bedroom. "Blayze, can you hand me that blanket." Blayze hands me the soft blanket as I settle into the bed. I have finished showering and I'm scrolling through Netflix to find something to watch. I settle for To All The Boys Before. Blayze is in the shower and I can't help but smile and feel all giddy inside. Tonight was amazing and I'm so happy that Blayze is warming up to fun. I wish I got him something or did something for him. I hear the water turn off and I get an idea. I rush to the closet and change into sexy undergarments. I put on a black lace bra and matching boxer underwear. I rush back to the bed and lower the lights. I grab my robe and turn off the tv just as Blayze is about the exit the bathroom.