Chapter 24

"Blayze do you know a good doctor here in New York and where is your thermometer?" Blayze turns away from his pan on the stove to look at me confused as to why I'm asking such a question. "Why? What's wrong?" He says unsure. "Genesis' forehead is hot and she's being really fussy. She's not a fussy baby this is really concerning me." Blayze looks at Melody then at Tyson then back at me. "The thermometer I believe is in my bathroom underneath the sink to the left in the right drawer."

Tyson hands me Genesis and he sprints to the stairs. I start to pat Genesis back in order to soothe her. She goes from whimpering to blown out crying within seconds and I start to panic. I have never dealt with a sick baby before. In fact, I don't like babies or kids in the matter and all these kids stuff is getting complicated. "I don't know what to do." I yelp to no one in particular. My parents aren't here to help me and no one in this room doesn't have a kid or have any experience with a kid.

"Stir this slowly okay and make sure you don't burn yourself. Chris supervise them." Blayze instructs. "You might as well tell Genesis to supervise them." Replies Luna sarcastically. Blayze ignores her and walks over to me. "Let me have her," I say nothing ready to get this baby away from. I hand Blayze the baby and he starts to walk over to one of the cabinets. I pull out a bottle and fills it up with water. He then feeds it to her and she immediately stops crying.

Tyson then comes downstairs with a white box. Blayze instructs him to open it and Tyson does as he is told. "There is one for babies and one for adults. The blue one is for babies and the grey one is for adults." Blayze says as he continues to soothe Genesis. Tyson hands Blayze the blue thermometer and Blayze places it under her underpit. We wait quietly for the results to come in. Even though it was only seconds of waiting, it felt like a trinity when the thermometer starts to beep. "Well, how high is it?" I ask Blayze getting anxious from his sudden quietness and stillness. "Her temperature is 110 degrees," Blayze quickly replies while heading to the counter. "Oh my God. Blayze please tell me you're lying."

He says nothing in return too concentrated on getting a paper towel and placing it under cold water. I watch as he places it over her forehead and Genesis quickly calms down. He starts to unbutton her onesie and removes the clothing from her body. "She's fussy because she's hot. We need to cool her down as much as possible. I'm calling into the hospital so we can take her their immediately. Damon, I need you to finish preparing the food. Just add the cut-up vegetables into the pan and stir it around for about three minutes till golden. Luna make sure Tyson and Chris don't do anything stupid while I and Suzette are gone."

"Hey!" Tyson and Chris exclaim in unison. Blayze ignores them and starts to make his way up the stairs while saying behind him, "Suzette grab whatever documentation she needs and meet me by your car." I open my mouth to say that the car he was referring to was not my car but as if he could read my mind her buds in, "It's your car no matter what excuse you use to say that it's not." I roll my eyes at this and start to make my way to the garage with the baby's necessities. Blayze comes walking into the garage shortly after I just did and starts to make his way to me. He is cradling Genesis and holding her with so much care that it makes my heart swoon. Ooo he makes your heart swoon. I ignore the little voice in my head and make my way to the back seat so that I can sit in the back with Genesis.