Chapter 51

This is not edited and has some grammar in-corrections and misspelling.

Suzette's POV

Blayze gets on one knee and I suck in a sharp breath.

Is this really happening?

He stares up at me and he grabs my hand and says, "Suzette from the moment I first met you I knew you were going to be life changing for me. You weren't a fresh breeze but a fresh storm strong and unforgiving. If someone would have told me I'll be kneeling here before you madly in love I would have punched them in the face. However, here I am telling you, Suzette, that I love you more than words can explain. I knew I was in love with you when we went to my grandfather's house and we danced under the stars and fairy lights. You don't understand how when you say my name I swoon or how your laugh is contagious causing me to smile something that I never used to do. I know I'm not the best man on the planet and I know I have done cruel things to you which if I could I would take them all back. I'm a beast and yet you still cared and was gentle and kind to me. I never understood why but I soon learned that it's just who you are. You don't let anybody walk over you but you don't give up without a fight either. Nevertheless, you told me you love me anyways and I'm sorry that I didn't say it fast enough and made you believe that I didn't. I need you in my life because I know I will never find this kind of love ever in my life. You are life to me. I don't care how complicated things get with us, I still want you. Yes, I don't want to love. But when I met you and learned, change, and grow with you I was blown away and love touched my soul and heart for the very first time.
You are the oxygen for my lungs the missing piece to my heart. I'm the happiest when I'm with you. I know you can do better than me and I don't deserve such a strong independent woman such as yourself. I promise you to give you the best of me but I can't promise that we won't bicker throughout our lives. I love you, Suzette. I want to be the one to say goodnight to you every night and kiss your perfect luscious lips goodnight. To be able to say that I cherish you in your worst moments. To be your shoulder to cry on and be your number one person you know will help you release stress from your body and mind. I want to just sit next to you and do absolutely nothing with you and enjoy your presence. I love you with all of my soul. I don't want to be with you forever I need to be with you forever. Suzette, I love you and I want you- no I need you to be my wife. I don't want anyone else but you. Suzette, will you marry a beast of a man such as myself?"

I'm in tears as I he pulls out a white velvet box and opens it before me. I shut my eyes as the tears continue to fall down my cheeks. I open them and look straight into Blayze's eyes. "I love you Blayze and I want to live the rest of my life with you." He smiles and he begins to stand up but I don't give him the chance. I lunge at him and kiss his lips. He falls back but doesn't remove his lips from mine. He kisses me back passionately and full of love. I would have never thought this would happen to me but I'm glad it did and on my graduation day too. I pull away and we laugh our foreheads connected. Love is so funny and works in a weird way. Love isn't forced, made, or bought. It's a gift that so many receive in their lifetime. It's a blessing and shouldn't be missed used and I know Blayze and I will live a good long loving life together until we take our last dying breath. I know that what we have is true love because we're two imperfect people who refused to give up on each other. True love can mean so many things to other people but true love to me is selflessness.

We get back up onto our feet and our friends and family surround us with tears in their eyes and smiles on their faces. Blayze grabs my left hand and I bite my lip trying to hold in my tears as he slides the ring on my left hand. It's a simple silver ring with a big oval diamond in the center with small diamonds on the sides of the band. We head home and celebrate today's events with our love ones. Everyone talks about wedding plans and places to have the ceremony and reception. We settle with the place Blayze and I fell in love with one another, his grandfather's house on the open land with a gorgeous greenhouse on the roof.