Chapter 23

Blayze POVJealous?! I hear a voice scream in my head over and over

Blayze POV
Jealous?! I hear a voice scream in my head over and over. I sit here on the couch listening to Chris and Luna explaining something. I don't know exactly what because I'm actually not caring what they have to say right now. Can they hang up already?! Without even thinking I grab the phone from Suzette and say, "Well sounds like fun you guys but I want to watch this movie as fast as possible so I can go and finish setting up my strategy plan for work." I feel Suzette's eyes on me confusion probably bright in her eyes.

"Oh, what are you guys going to watch?" Before Suzette can answer Luna I quickly bud in, "It's called none of your business. Goodbye and goodnight." I end the FaceTime call and hand Suzette back her phone. I pick up the remote to press play for the movie to start. "What was that for? I thought you weren't excited to watch this?" She questions. I just glance at her quickly and pay attention back to the screen hearing the song I Put A Spell On You start to play from the film. "Nothing. I just want to hurry up and watch this disturbing movie."

I feel a wave of relief go through me when she doesn't persist the matter. I try to keep my focus on the screen but my mind keeps wondering to haunting feeling that I felt a couple seconds ago. Jealousy. Why would I be jealous of Suzette speaking to Chris? Out of all people Chris. We are not a couple and we have no romantic feelings for each other. Why is it so quiet...

I find myself staring at the tv with the movie paused. Huh? I blink a couple times and I look to my left to see Suzette with her arms crossed and looking at me with those twinkling, vibrant, fierce, brown eyes. "I knew it. Don't you even dare try and deny it." Panic overwhelms me from Suzette's words. Oh God, she knows! She fucking knows about the whole jealousy! But I don't even know if that feeling was jealousy...I should search it up. "I don't know what you are talking about Suzette. Why did you pause the movie?" I say trying to divert her attention to something else. "Yeah, no I'm not an idiot. What is in that big smart mind of yours? You can tell me Blayze we are friends."

No matter how many times she says we are friends, it always sounds new to me. As if, she is saying it for the very first time. "Nothing Suzette, I swear." She looks at me unconvinced which was what I was afraid of. "Blayze just stop okay. I know you're lying and don't you even dare go all bastard beast on me as you did before. Please don't shut me out." she whines out. I breathe out roughly through my nostrils annoyed; I decide to give her the half-truth feeling remorseful for some unknown reason. "Fine but only because you are annoying me right now. I don't really know why but I guess you answering Chris FaceTime request was rude since me and you were talking." Half true and half a lie. Suzette smiles and rolls her eyes jokingly. "Blayze, I can hear the half truth and half lie all through that sentence but I'm not going to pester you any further. Let's finish watching the film."

The idea of sitting here uncomfortable and stressed doesn't sound like any fun to me so I decide to tell Suzette, "I really don't feel up to it right now. We can watch it some other time before the honeymoon is up." I don't wait for her reply and I walk back to the room. I lay in the bed and I grab my laptop to do some work to distract myself. I let my fingers glide over the keyboard. I engross myself into my work answering emails, adding up my profits, organizing future business meetings, setting up a presentation to present to a future business meeting, and organizing some files and notes for Suzette to check on later.