Chapter 38

Blayze POV

"It will be hard to convince the Matreekis's to join in on this venture," Damon says. "Don't worry Zaven will jump on this offer once I show him the numbers," I tell him and I watch him write down something on his notes still in doubt. "No worries Damon I know what I'm doing," I assure him feeling very confident on a deal that I'm going to close in about five minutes. I hear a light knock on my door and I say, "Enter," My receptionist opens the door and peeps her head into the room. "Zaven Matreekis and Samson Matreekis are here for the three a clock meeting, sir. They are in the conference room also I was left a not to remind you about reminding Mr. Willard to pick up the children from school." I thank her and I get up from the comfortable black cushioned office chair and motion Damon to follow me. "Hey, Chris the meeting is starting. meet us in the conference room." Damon says into his phone talking to Chris.

At times Chris and Damon can come off as childish and may seem as if they don't take their job seriously but that's not the case. If it weren't for them sticking through my attitude and mood swings I wouldn't be as successful as I am now. It probably would have taken me longer. Chris helps me with marketing since that was his major. He's really good at it and I have to say no one in the business industry can find anyone better than him. Steven is sick today but he is all about the web. He is my web designer, web analytics, and web development. On the side, he likes to take pictures just like me. I do enjoy photography and I have hundreds of photos back at my parents home from my many adventures when I was in college. Unlike her brother, Steven, Luna is a Corporate lawyer and is still in school but she'll finish when she turns 31. She reviews contracts and other agreements for the business. Steven and Luna are half-siblings but both enjoy the busy business life alongside me. 

Damon is a constructor and has a degree in real estate. His construction business is one of the best and he is currently finishing up a deal with Aladdin Satarri to build a beautiful luxurious shopping center in Dubai. I reach the conference room and I greet Zaven as a good old friend. "Hey, man how have you been?" I ask him. "I've been good. Just trying to not be impatient." I give him a small grin and ask, "The wedding?" He nods his head happiness lightening up all over his face. "Yes, and March couldn't seem so far away." I pat his back and say while walking over to greet his father, "Don't worry within a blink of an eye you'll be watching Haelyn walking down the aisle." He laughs and he goes to take a seat. "Make sure that I don't leave without giving you the invitation. Haelyn told me she tod Suzette she would receive one." Zaven tells me as I do the usual handshake slash hug with his dad. "Hello, sir." I greet Samson Matreekis. "Hello, my boy. Business going well I see." He says to me with interest. 

"Yes, sir it is."

"I saw your parents in the Maldives about a week ago." 

I smirk at the mention of parents. Dad was always the one to work very hard and when he met mom she helped him see that there was more in life than just money and work. "Yes, they are practicing retirement." I joke. He laughs and we settle into our seats me taking the head spot at the end of the table. Chris and Luna arrive and take their seats greeting and acknowledging the presence of Zaven and Samson. "Shall we get down to business?" Luna suggests and the meeting begins.

______________

"You make some solid points Blayze and I believe joining this venture will really benefit us and Suzette's conclusion here and list of pros and cons are quite convincing," Zaven tells me. I nod hiding the satisfaction that I am about to get this business deal. "Dad?" Zaven looks at his dad waiting for an answer. "I say we should have another meeting to have all our lawyers here so we can sign these papers." 

Yes!

"Yes, that sounds like a good idea. How does Friday morning sound?" I offer, doing my best to keep my face and tone of voice as neutral as possible.