# 6

I opened the door and set down my suitcase. I had just been on tour for multiple months and I haven't seen my girlfriend at all since the first concert. It's great to finally see my boo, especially since I have 3 months to spend with her before I have to start working on the next album.

"Y/N? Babe, where are you?" I yelled to my girlfriend.

I run up the stairs before literally running into Y/N. She giggles and I help her off the ground. We take one good look at each other. My smiling face turns to confusion. Y/N's face looked paler than usual. Her cheeks were hollowed. Her figure was smaller than I remember. She still looked beautiful... just different. I smiled again, making sure she didn't notice my other expression. Y/N took one look at me and jumped into my arms. I missed her warm embrace. It wasn't so warm anymore, though. Perhaps she was cold. I gave her the kiss of a lifetime. I had desperately missed her and her kisses.

Over the next month, I notice things about Y/N. Sometimes, I'll go to kiss her gorgeous lips and her breath will taste bitter and acidic. She's even smaller than when I got home. Y/N ate smaller portions of food. She's more moody than usual. I hear whimpers when she's in the shower. Her speech has even been affected. Sometimes she stutters and doesn't know what to say so she gives short responses. Today, I confronted her about the changes.

"Babe?" I wrapped my arms around her small waist as she poured her tea. She hummed in response, urging me to continue. "Are you alright? I'm just a little worried about you." Her entire body tensed.

"I'm fine, Zayn." Her response was simple. She slipped out of my arms and headed upstairs. I decided to drop the subject. The night went on as usual. We watched a movie before falling asleep.

I groaned as I reached for Y/N's body to cuddle with. I was startled to realize she wasn't there. I got out of bed and searched the house. I ended up in the kitchen. I grabbed some water and, while I drank, I heard strange noises coming from the bathroom just down the hall. I heard a flush and the door creaking. I stood still as Y/N walked into the kitchen. She shrieked once she noticed me there.

"Damn it! You scared me. Why are you up?" She sat at the table and motioned me to sit with her. Instead, I walked over to her and grabbed her face into a kiss. Bitter and acidic. I pulled away and furrowed my eye brows. Y/N sat there stunned by the sudden peck.

"What did you do in the bathroom, Y/N? Don't you dare tell me 'nothing'. I just want to help, babe." I sat next to her and held her hand in mine. Her eyes turned glossy and a tear streamed down her face.

"Zayn... I don't know how to say this. I-I'm, I've been throwing up lately." She looked down at her lap shamefully before continuing. "Sometimes I don't want to do it but I can't stop. They're ri-right. I'm fat and ugly and..." Her voice gave out and she began to sob. I did too. I pulled her out of the chair and into my lap.

"We'll get through this together, boo. Don't worry. Just promise you won't do it again. I love you, shh." I cooed her as I stroked her hair. I'd get her help and be supportive the entire time. No one deserves to feel they should harm themselves like this.