# 20

"SHUT UP! JUST SHUT UP!" Zayn yelled at you. You step backwards unsure of the anger that just erupted Zayn. "WHY IS IT THAT WE CAN NEVER HAVE A CIVILIZED CONVERSATION? HUH. ARE YOU JUST TOO BUSY FOR FAMILY ANYMORE." You yell back. You were trying to get some information from Zayn so your eldest son, Kaiden, could finish his project for uni. Obviously Zayn wasn't in the mood. He never is anymore. He comes home grumpy and leaves grumpy. He's never around and it's starting to worry you especially when you have to lie to your eleven year old son and seven year old daughter. Leila stood at the top of the stairs and peered into the study where you and Zayn were arguing. The seven year old's blue eyes scanned the room, scared to watch her parents go at it. Zayn is very short tempered so when you fought it turned out pretty nasty. You were hoping for the sake of the 11 and 7 year olds that Zayn would try to tame himself. "WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS SO CLINGY? YOU WERE NEVER LIKE THIS. I CAN'T STAND IT." Zayn fought back. "WELL MAYBE I'M TRYING TO SALVAGE OUR MARRIAGE FOR THE SAKE OF THE CHILDREN. IF THEY WEREN'T HERE I WOULD BE LONG GONE." You spat. You quickly covered your mouth as you realize what you just said. It wasn't intentional. Zayn turned his head to face yours. His eyes were dark and his face was slowly turning red with anger. "I didn't mean that." You mumbled. Leila covered her mouth in horror at your outburst and stood watching in horror as Zayn grabbed a vase and chucked it at you. Lucky for you, you ducked just in time and missed the expensive vase from hitting you as it crashed into the wall. "IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT? A DIVORCE?" Zayn screamed. You shook your head no and Leila slowly descended down the staircase. Zayn started towards you but was instantly stopped by the force of his young daughter. "STOP. DON'T HURT MUMMA!" She yelled at her father. Zayn looked down into her ice cold eyes and bit his lip. The resemblance of his sister, Safaa, was evident on Lelia's face and it felt like major deja vu to him as she dropped her hand and ran out of the room. You ran after her as she tripped up the stairs. "Shhh. Baby. Mummy's okay I'm here. Don't worry about me." You tried to calm her. She shook her head and wiped a few tears from her face. "Why is daddy so mad?" She asked, her blue eyes staring straight into your own. You shook your head as you felt Zayns presence from behind the staircase. You could always tell when he was around. "Well, sometimes adults get stressed and take it out on the ones they love. Like i didn't mean what I said when I said I would have left if it wasn't for you and your brothers and sister. I love your daddy very much and I would stay with him and deal with all his crazy antic until I die." You chuckle making her smile. Her two front teeth were missing and it looked kind of funny. "Do you really love i'm that much? He almost hurt you." Her tears started to well up again and you gently pushed them back with your thumb. "Love does crazy things to people. Of course I still love your daddy. I'll love him so much sometimes it hurts." You smile. "People make mistakes, especially Daddy and I. I know that he would never want to hurt me. I trust him and you shouldn't be scared of him. He's the best person I know." You explain. She nods. "So he's like Kaiden. Kaid, is the best person I know. I love him so much." She stated making a big smile appear on your face. You always loved how close Lelia was to her older brother, even if it wasn't Mason. "Exactly like Kaiden." You agree. You pull your daughter into a hug before telling her to go back to her room and that she'll be called when dinner's ready. You walk back down the stairs and start to clean the mess of glass that laid broken all over the floor. Picking up piece by piece You throw it into a nearby waste bin and dust your hands off. You feel two hands grab your waist and spin you around before pulling you into a bone crushing hug. "I-i'm so sorry. I d-don't know what's come over me. I'm a m-monster." Zayn cried into your hair. You move your hands up and down his back and swayed back and forth. "No, no you're not. I'm sorry for pushing the subject. I could have called your mum or Doniya for the information. If anything I'm the monster. I let Lelia hear something completely false." You spoke into his t-shirt. He shook his head. "I heard every word you said. I can't believe you can still love me as much as you. Especially after all the shit i've put you through." He shakes his head in disbelief. "I think I need help. I can't keep taking my anger out on you. I'll really hurt you." Zayn added. You nod. "Whatever you need. Will get through this together, I promise." You said truthfully. A small smile played in his lips as he lightly kissed yours. "God, I love you." He whispered kissing your lips again. You smile. "I love you too." you respond. "Oh I know."