# 17

"I'll just have an iced tea." you say to the perky waitress as she moves around the large table taking drink orders. On your right sits Zayn, his arm around you and his laughter echoing through your ear. You were having a big celebration dinner in honor of the boys' new album going double platinum. Everyone from Lou Teasdale to Paul to Simon was sitting around this massive table. "I'm gonna run to the bathroom for a quick sec." you say, getting up from the table. "'Kay babe." Zayn replies with a smile before grabbing another roll from the basket. He then turns to Liam and asks how he and Danielle are doing. You rush in and out of the bathroom, not wanting to miss a second of this group's antics. As you come back you see your ice tea's arrived, and that the boys' end of the table is oddly quiet. You sit down cautiously and bring your lips to the straw. What you expect to be a cool, refreshing iced tea turns out to be a hot, bitter, salty concoction. When it hits your taste buds, you jerk back from the straw with the disgusting drink still in your mouth. Your immediate reaction was to cough it up, but the drink was still in your mouth, so you start choking. You cough up a storm, putting your hand on your chest as the entire table's attention turns to you. Zayn starts freaking out, trying to get you to drink some water. You can't breathe and you keep sputtering up the gross tea. Eventually you manage to stop coughing and get some water down. "JESUS!" you say, sipping on water. "What kind of iced tea was THAT?!" Zayn suddenly looks very guilty, his head drooped. "I may have put a little bit of hot sauce and things in there." he murmurs to the ground. You sigh in annoyance. "Well your lovely prank nearly killed me, dear."