Take me home

"So does that mean I can go home" he grinned.
"I don't see why not" the physio nodded.
"Great" he beamed turning to flash a smile at Connie who watched on silently retuning a silent smile.
"So how we going to do this, I'll ask mum about what will happen when i come home and see what she's thinking" he suggested.
"Hmm Yeah don't mention you can go home yet prehaps, Just Suss Out What she's thinking" he nodded.
He smiled sadly as she made to leave, "I hate it when you go, your all I have to look forward to in here" he sighed loudly.
"Well won't be long until your out of here and hopefully with me at mine" she spoke cheerfully.

He had read every magazine going and watched several films, if this was not dying of Bordem he didn't know what was. He looked up as his mum entered the ward, "hi Jacob how are you" she asked moving to sit beside him.
"I'm okay , still sore" he grumbled looking back to his phone.
"Oh well I'm sure you will be feeling better in no time" she offered cheerily.
"Mum, What will happen when I get to come home" he asked subtly,
"Nothing you'll come home and me and mick will help you until your better".
"Mum he doesn't want me there, he's the reason I'm in here" he sighed watching her body tense and her attitude harden.
"Don't say things like that, he didn't mean it. You use the place like a hotel come and go as you please you ruined our night and he lashed out. He regrets it. We've agreed we wouldn't bring this up again" she hissed in little more than a whisper.
"I want to stay with a friend" he blurted watching her face crumple. "How would that look, no you can't" she snapped.
"You can go" he sighed, "I've only just got here" she glared.
"Yeah well as usual your not listening to me, he doesn't want me I don't want him. It's simple really" he interjected looking at his phone.
"Oh I can't talk to you when your like this, I'll come back with mick tomorrow and we can sort it out then. You will be fine at home with us and mick will tell you the same. He wants to help you get better, I'll let you rest" she spoke more softly moving to kiss his head as he turned to face the wall.

"Connie, come and get me I'm discharging myself" he typed. Pressing the alert buzzer he waited impatiently until a nurse came over.
"What's up Jacob" she smiled, I want to see the doctor I'm discharging myself".
"But your be going home in a day or so why rush it" she spoke calmly.
"I'm going so get me the form".

He answered his phone, "Connie I've spoken to mum she's going to make me go home for appearance sake and I can't. She's left she's coming back in with mick, I want to leave now" his panic and frustration growing by the second.
"Okay hold on, I'm coming in, stay calm and rest" she finished hanging up.

She arrived an hour later to find him sat in a wheel chair waiting, "What are you doing down here" she asked concerned as she moved to huddle over him a little.
"I'm discharged, I can't stay a minuite longer please take me to yours" he pleaded.
"Okay fine, but I can't believe they let you come down here" she sighed helping him over to the car.
"I didn't give them much choice, I'm 17 so as much as they don't like it they couldn't stop me.
"Come on then let's get you to mine, you need to rest" he climbed into the car painfully.
"Here" he offered her his painkillers and prescription" she nodded placing them in the foot well.
"You do know there not going to like this" she argued sympathetically.
"I don't care, he put me in there I'm not going back there when I can hardly walk" the tears rolling down his cheeks.
"It's ok I do get it, I do" she sighed stroking his leg.
"I will have to go back to school for an hour I can't take the afternoon off, not the day you disappear people might look in my direction.
He nodded solemnly , "are you sure your ok with this, I don't want you to feel your trapped in this mess".
She looked at him, and she couldn't say this was her best idea, but then she knew she couldn't do anything else, she couldn't leave him with them. It was clear he was scared and in his condition he couldn't even leave or fight back. His injuries had been severe she couldn't risk sending him back to more danger.
"I'm sure" she smiled.

As he placed his things in the spare room, he propped himself into bed exhausted.
"Thought I'd be in your room" he sighed,
"Well I want you to feel you have your own space, as we said no pressure not like were a couple or anything" she smiled.
"We're not?" He questioned his gaze moving to meet hers.
"Well I don't know what we are" she sighed.
"We're a couple Connie, don't even try and deny it" she smiled as she nodded and slumped onto the bed beside him.
She rubbed her face trying to comprehend the complexity and speed all this had happened.
"Lie with me" he spoke softly.
"I have to go back to school"she sighed, I'll be back by 4. You rest, will you need anything?"
"No I'll be fine I'm quite tired and I've taken my tablets they make me drowsy" he confessed as she tucked his legs properly under the covers.
"See you soon then" she softly pressed her lips to his and he smiled as his eyes fluttered shut.

She shut the front door and leant against it, taking a deep breathe. This would only get more complicated she knew now was the time to change her mind, but yet again she shook the feeling off and climbed back in the car.