Reason

"You Okay?" She smiled moving into her office seeing him laying around on her sofa.
"Yeah" he smiled.
"Your mum is coming back down" she smiled as he hesitated and sat up a little straighter, "go talk to her, just stay calm" she offered.
"Come with me?" He asked hesitating in the door, "you think it would be better without me" she suggested, "please Con"  she nodded silently following him.

She walked towards the end of the bed, "Mum" Jacob stuttered before Connie moved to the base of the bed and began looking through her notes. "Okay So Baby seems fine, no head injury which is good, so it just the broken arm and we can run some tests on your heart to check for any abnormalities" she finished. Both Jacob and his mum turning to face her, "really" Jacob asked relieved " baby is definitely okay" Susan asked.
"All fine" Connie moved forward to reassure her, "we will have to put your arm back in place and set it in a cast but it's a clean break, so we just need to check out these chest pains " she offered placing the chart back down and calling for Robyn to help with the cast.

"Mum please, accept what he's like, you don't have to go back to him. Can't you see what he's doing, "it wasn't him it was an accident I tripped" she replied refusing to admit what had actually happened.

She only hoped he would believe her when she went home with a cast, and he would know she had been here. She was agitated she didn't want to go home and confront him, but she knew if he came back and she was gone for hours he would be less believing that she hadn't said anything.
"Mum please I can Look after you" Jacob asked feebly as she shook her head and signed the discharge papers.
"She anxiously rung for a taxi, she wasn't sure how this was going to play out but she couldn't deny she was scared of his reaction. "It's good to see you son, I'll ring you" she smiled hugging him briefly.
"That's it" He asked watching her feeling his emotions build the anger the fear the disappointment as she climbed into the taxi, "I need to get back, Mrs Beauchamp said I was fine " she finished.

He let her go, turning to face Connie, "I'm sorry I can't keep her here when medically there are no grounds, Baby seemed fine, and no heart irregularities and the arm patched up. You know she can't just stay here unless she wants to make a complaint or leave him what more can we do" she sighed as he moved closer pulling her into his embrace.
"Thank you for looking after her so well, I know she hasn't been very nice to you in the past" began before she cut him off.
"One I was her doctor and here I have to be professional , and two she's your mum Jacob I can't help but want her to like me" she sighed, "pathetic I know I don't usually care, but your so much younger than me and with how we started it. I just want to feel like she accepts it, "it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks Connie if we are happy" he smiled.
"I know I just want you and her to make it up, I know what it's like having no parents" she sighed.
"Hmm I can't make her see he's a bastard".
"No" she sighed.
"I'll just have to be here when she realizes, I suppose I better go home".
"Stay, I don't like to think of you home on your own dwelling on this, I'm due another break and you could jut hang out in here I've only got 3 hours left".
He nodded "sounds better than over worrying in an empty house waiting for you" he smiled.
She moved onto his lap, "you have done what you can she knows where we are, we can't make her leave him, perhaps it was an accident" she spoke not even believing it herself.

"Kiss me" he smiled pulling her in closer his hands rubbing softly up against her sides, ruffling up her shirt in the need to feel her soft delicate skin under his soft fingertips.
"What did I do to deserve you" she whispered.
"Hmm everything" he grinned nuzzling at her neck.