Plug Walk

Melanie POV

It Was Hot Ass Hell Outside I Mean I'm From Atlanta But Damn It's Like Hot.

Currently I Was Moving In My Uncle House Because He Decided To Move To California For More Clientele He Says For My Education But Thats Lies.

I Moved In With Him At 13 When My Mother Started Hitting Me She Was Passed Out From Alcohol Most Of The Time Because My Father Wasn't There I Never Seen Her Like That But He Was Her Source Of Income If You Think About It.

But My Family Told Me Not To Make Excuses For Her Hitting Her Child And Then When My Uncle Found Out He Faked A Real Job With The Government And Told My Mom His Brother Wouldn't Want This And Bounced With Just Me.

From There He Treated Me Like His Real Daughter Bought Me Clothes Made Stupid Dad Jokes When I Was On My Period And Then Got Me Food Afterwards He Always Was There For Me Even When I Told Him I Wanted To Do Track Instead Of Ballet.

"Pick Up The Pace Slow Poke" He Said While Fake Punching Me And Interrupting My Flash Back.

I Rolled My Eyes And Got The Last Of My Stuff From The Truck And Went To My New Room.

My Mouth Was Gaped Open

"You Like It" He Said From Outside My Door.

"Hell Yea" I Said

He Cleared His Throat "I Mean Hecky Yea" I Said

I Get Some Ghetto Stuff From His Friends That Come Over Most Of His Friends Cool And If They Look At Me Wrong He Pull Out His Gun.

One Of Them Been Acting A Fool Because I Admit I've Started To Get A Shape I Already Knew Sophomore Year Was Gone Be Sum.

"When You Done Being In Yo Feelings Brat Come Downstairs" He Said

"Yea Whateva" I Said

"What You Say" He Said While Fake Flexing

"I Mean Yes Sir" I Said In A Man Voice.

For Some Reason He Wasn't Like Most Thugs Like My Dad Taught Me How To Use Guns And How To Load Them And Told Me How To Roll Blunts And To Weigh Goods But My Uncle Never Let Me Near The Goods Barely Let Me Have A Gun Even Though I Beg For One All The Time I Mean We Live In Compton Now And He's Strict About My Grades Like I Was Always This Goody Girl.

But I Always Followed His Rules We Never Really Had Arguments Unless I Brought Up My Dad He Was Pissed When He Found Out He Went Down And Left His Wife And Kids.

I Stopped Thinking About My Past But It Always Come Back To Me Half The Stuff I Didn't Tell Anyone.

I Went Downstairs To See My Uncle In The Living Room With Something In His Hand It Was A Red Box With Yellow Ribbons Around It.

"What's This?" I Said

"A Present For Being Calm About The Move I Know You Cant Visit Your Father Anymore But I Got You Something That Will Maybe Make It Up" He Said

I Looked At The Box Weird "It Better Not Be No Funny Junk" I Said With A Smirk.

He Huffed "Just Open The Box Little Girl"

I Opened It And There Stood A Pink Pistol With Silver Top.

I Opened My Eyes Wide And Said "Oh My God Thank You"

It Wasn't One Of The Big Ones I Always Wanted But Baby Steps I Guess It Was Still Cute

"Now Here's The Rules" He Said I Rolled My Eyes Here We Go "No Showing It Off, Use Only For Emergency's Remember It Is Loaded So No Shooting Niggas Without A Reason Because You Gone Catch A Case You Hear Me"

"Yes Dan" I Said (His Real Name Is Daniel)

"Alright Now Show Me Love" He Said I Hugged Him Tight And When I Pulled Back He Pulled Out His Wallet "This Is School Money" Then Handed Me 1,000$ "Be Wise With It"

This Must Be My Lucky Day He Always Send One Of These Bums To Get My Clothes That Be To Young For Me.

"Really" I Said

"Yea Now Hurry Before I Call Someone To Get Em For You" He Said

I Ran To Get My Keys And Yelled "Thanks Dan" And Closed The Door Behind Me.

My Car Was Sum Light As Soon As I Turned 16 I Made Sure My Uncle Took Me To The Dealership You Know What I'm Saying Because A Young Stunner Gotta Stunt

I Put The Nearest Mall In My GPS And Went To One As I Was Driving I Started Listening To My Jams.

"This A Bad Bitch Party You Can Not GetIn I Can Take Ya Man Pass Em To My Friend No I'm Not A Fan Ion Fuck With Rappers I Just Want Some Bands BITCH!"

By The 3rd Song I Was At My Destination I Got Out The Car And Locked It As I Started Walking To The Mall Some Dudes Started Looking At Me And Licking They Lips "AY MAH" One Of Them Yelled But I Walked Faster All I Was Thinking Was I Should've Brought My Gun.

I Was Walking Too Fast I Guess Because I Pumped Into This Light-skin He Was Fine Tall And Had On All Black With A Gold Chain.

"I'm So Sorry" I Said He Looked Down At Me Irritated Then Relaxed And Said "You Good Im Not Dead" He Said Then Chuckled I Smiled He Was Too Fine.

Then A Girl With Some Fleek Eyebrows Came Up To Us And Said "Did You Just Bump My Brother Hoe" She Said

Hoe? Hoe?  I'm Nice But Every Girl Has There Limits.

"I'm Sorry, Who Are You?" I Said With A Bored Tone.

The Dude Looked At Me With A Cold Glare "Thats My Sister Yo And Who Are You" He Said

Well Damn What Happened To The Gentlemen That Was Just Here.

Ion Have Time For This "Yea Ok" I Said Then Moved Past Them And Went Deep Into The Mall I Could Feel That Girl Gaze On My Back What She Like Sum She See.

I Started Looking Around And Saw All The Nice Stores To Make A Poor Man Cry This Should Be Fun.

———————

Deeper The Story The Juicer It Gets