Chapter 31

Previously

"Be gentle with her" Jake winks and walks away, to the cafeteria. That b*tch.

"Shut up Jake" I blush a little bit and Mason smirks. Can't he do anything else besides smirk? Like just smile?

"I will"

I turn around, ready to run towards Jake.

"Oh, hell no. Ain't gonna happen" Mason smirks, but I'm already on my way towards Jake or better said; the cafeteria.

"Move!"

Now

Jake and some other people jump aside as I rush past them, feeling Mason hot on my heels.

I run as fast as I can, dodging all the people in the cafeteria the best I can. Mason on the other hand, is groaning and cursing at the poor people. The perks of being small.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I try to catch my breath and lean against the wall. Jeesz, who knew Mason could run that fast and long. I sure as hell didn't.

Who knew you could run this long and fast? My brain tells me and I agree. True that.

I hear footsteps walking past the janitors closet and I hold my breath. They stop for a second, before they walk away again. I hear someone curse under their breath and I know that it's Mason.

I slide down the wall, sitting down against it. I have no clue how long I'm going to stay here. Maybe I'm just going to skip class when lunch break is over.

Yeah, that seems like a good plan.

"Alex?"

Jayden? Huh?

I slowly open the door and let him inside. He gives me a small smile as I sit down again and he follows me.

"So, what's going on?"

I sigh, looking down at my hands, before smiling at him.

"I'm avoiding Mason"

"I got that, but why?"

I shrug at this question.

"You can tell me, sis" He pulls me towards him and I lay my head on his shoulder.

"I know. You know the kiss between Mason and I last night?" I ask, biting my lip nervously

"Yes" Jay answers, clenching his jaw the slightest bit

"I really like him, Jay. I'm just scared that he will break my heart and that I'm just a toy that he is going to throw away when he is bored with it. I can't have my heart broken like that again. I don't want to be a part of his endless game."

A tear escapes my eyes and cause more to follow.

"I won't let him hurt you like that, you know that right? And I think he really likes you. If I believe Jake, he's changed since he met you, in a good way. I may be though on him sometimes, but I don't want you to get hurt again, you've had enough to deal with the past few years, but I do believe he's a good guy. You don't need to be all lovey-dovey, you can take it slow first, but just give it a try, just see where it goes. He's not the same as Caleb, I'm sure of that. And if he hurts you in any way, I'll take care of it. You're beautiful, amazing and sweet and if he doesn't see that, he's crazy and not worth your time. I don't say it often, but I love you baby sis and I'm sure he will too someday, if you give him a chance"

"I thought you sucked at giving advice, but turns out I was wrong" I joke, giving him a hug.

"I love you too, big bro"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, here goes nothing.

"Hey" I shove awkwardly with my feet as I stand in front of Mason's room

He gestures me to come inside, so that's what I do.

"Done ignoring me?" He raises his eyebrows in a questioning manner

"Yeah, sorry about that" I look from my feet to him

He sits down on a chair, while I take place on his bed.

"It's okay" he shrugs and forces a smile. I can see the hurt and rejection in his eyes, even though he tries to hide it.

Oh god, I'm such a horrible person.

"Listen"

"You don't have to explain yourself Alex, It's fine, really"

'Alex', ouch.

I should be happy that he calls me that, but right now, it only hurts more.

"But I want to explain"

He nods and leans back in his chair.

"Go ahead"

I take a deep breath and start by what I told Jay.

"I really like you, Mase. I just don't know if you are playing with me like you did with those other girls, I'm afraid that I'm just a game for you and that when you're done with me, you're going to throw me away like a used toy. I can't have my heart broken by the person who put it back together"

My voice gets softer and softer and by the time I'm done, I'm not even sure if Mason heard me.

I look at him and by the expression on his face he did. He looks hurt, really hurt.

"I won't hurt you like that Lex, I would never. You don't know how bad I want to hurt Caleb for doing all that to you. People think of me as a player who slept with almost all the girls in the school, but I slept with three girls total. One of them I can't remember because I was drunk. The other two were my girlfriends for 3 months most, one of them Britney, who I've never really liked anyway. You never were a game to me, I was never trying to get you in my bed. I like you Lex, don't get me wrong, I think you have an amazing body, but I like you for you and not for your body" he sighs and goes with his hand through his hair

"I'm sorry" I whisper, looking down at my fiddling hands as my cheeks turn red.

He stands up and walks to me, pulling me into a hug.

"It's not your fault. You're just protecting yourself" he looks me in the eyes and a small smile spreads across his lips. I smile back at him and suddenly feel the urge to kiss him.

So that's what I do. I kiss him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He kisses me back. Butterflies explode into dancing fireworks in my stomach and I can't help the longing feeling for more.

After a while, he pulls back, much to my disgrace, and grabs my hand. I try to control my breathing and so does he.

"Alex?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you want to be my girlfriend?" he suddenly asks, almost making my eyeballs pop out

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMPORTANT: THIS STORY IS NOT OVER YET!!! It has at least 15 more chapters :))

Mason finally asked Alex to be his girlfriend!! Aaahhh :)) Do you think Alex was right to question if Mason will play her or if he is actually genuine, after everything that happened with Caleb?

I don't know if I'll post a chapter tomorrow yet, I'm pretty busy again. If I'm not posting tomorrow, I'll post it on sunday though :)

Comment, follow, vote, give a star, idk, do whatever :)

-X- ChocolateHusky44