Chapter 62

Previously

"This isn't over, my love."

Now

"Why'd you do it? Why me?"

"You're special. You're not afraid to say what you think, you make your own decisions and you make me be a better man."

"If that's what you think, then why did you try to take that all from me?"

"It's better to be in your life like this, than not be in your life at all. In this way I at least played an important role in it."

"What? You could've just been nice to me, wait for me and everything would've turned out very different. You could've played an important part in my life by being my first love, my ex or one of my friends, maybe even best friends. Why didn't you try that instead of doing everything you did to me?"

"You drive me crazy Alex. Whenever I'm around you I can't seem to control myself, I can't stand the fact that Mason has you and that I can't have you. What makes him better than me? Why can you love him and can't you love me?"

"That's just how it works sometimes, I can't choose who I fall in love with. And we we're together, but then you changed and treated me like I was some kind of belonging of yours."

"I know I did, but if you just gave me a second chance then I wouldn't have done all of this. I did it for you, my love. I didn't have to do this for you. Aren't you thankful?"

"Thankful? For what, the kidnapping, the abuse, the sexual abuse, the pain you brought upon me and my loved ones?"

"Thankful for risking my life for you, thankful for loving you as much as I do, thankful for taking you away from the people who kept you from being mine, thankful for showing you that you belong with me and that you are mine?"

"Caleb, please stop. I haven't asked for any of this. I'm not going to tell you that what you did was wrong, because you've been told that many times before. I hope you get the help you need and that you can come to terms with what you've done. Goodbye Caleb."

"Goodbye for now, my love."

Once I'm outside the prison, I sigh and take a look at it.

I've finally got my answers and I hope they will close this chapter of my life. He's sick and he has to get help eventually, but I can finally say that it's no longer my problem. He's out of my life for good and I'm working on accepting everything that has happened.

"How did it go?" Jayden opens the car door for me and I get in.

"Yeah, it went okay I guess. Not amazing, but I got the answers I was looking for so that's a good thing I guess?"

"Answering your questions is the least he could do after everything he's done. Let's go home, I think they are waiting for us."

"Huh, what time is it?"

"08.30 am."

"Well shoot, let's go. We can't have them leaving us behind."

"Mason does know that you went to visit Caleb in jail right?"

"He's my boyfriend. How do you think he would react if I told him I was visiting Caleb in jail?"

"Lex, are you for real? You know a good relationship is built on trust."

"I'm just messing with you. I told him and he asked me if I wanted him to come, but I said no. He has a really important interview for Brown University and I didn't want him to cancel that because of me."