Chapter 48

Previously

I mentally thank the adrenaline for making me stronger.

With shaking hands, I pull the trigger and shoot him in his leg. I hear him groan in pain, but shoot him in his other leg too as I close my eyes. My whole body starts trembling, so I quickly take a few steps back.

Now

"Is M-mark unconscious?" I ask Jake, who nods in response, too much in trance to say anything.

I turn towards Caleb once again and give him the best bittersweet smile I can muster up right now.

"Don't ever touch my friends or family again. I won't be this easy on you next time" I hiss and turn around, facing my friends (and brother)

I take a few deep breaths and ignore Jayden's and Mason's angry expression.

"Dámn" Connor whistles

"Woah" Jake whispers, looking impressed

I keep a straight face and hold the gun with the sleeve of my jacket. With my other sleeve I wipe my fingerprints from it, just like Jake did with Mark's gun and Connor with the bullets. Just to be sure.

We drop them on the ground and I ignore Mason and Jayden.

"Let's go home"

They listen and don't say another word. I get into Connor's car with Connor and Jade, while Jake, Mason and Jayden get into their own car.

"I didn't know you could do that" Jade says as she drives back

"I didn't either" I chuckle lightly

"Weren't you scared at all?"

"A bit, but I knew he wasn't going to shoot me and I was fuming"

"Guess you proved that you indeed don't need saving" Connor chuckles

"I didn't do it to prove it to you"

"I know"

An hour later, we're home. Connor has gone home. Jayden and Mason dropped Jake off at his house. Right now I'm getting back into my pajamas, just like Jade.

"Are we still going shopping tomorrow?" I ask hopefully

"Yes please" she hums

"Good" I smile and we quickly get into bed

I groan and get out of bed again.

"Where you going?" Jade asks confused

"I need to change" I say and she gets what I mean

"Oh, I get it" she smiles

This was one hell of a night.

I tip toe back to bed, because Jade is asleep already.

The door opens and Mason comes inside. I turn around and push him out of the door, closing it behind him.

"Lex, just talk to me"

"I don't want to hear it, Mason, good night" I whisper and tip toe back to bed, this time actually getting in it.

I had to send Jayden also away twice this night since we got home. I don't want to talk to either of them. They can fudge off.

And yeah, I didn't let Caleb die from too much blood loss. I called the cops anonymously and I think they arrived after we left.

I put my alarm on 10.00 am. We can still get 4,5 hours off sleep. Yayy..!