Chapter 52

A special thanks to theworddealer for the amazing cover at the top of this chapter! I love it! :)

Please read the (A/N) at the end of this chapter!

Previously

His smile is real; you can see it in his eyes. He was happy.

And the thought of him happy made me smile through my tears. I put the picture back and lay back down with a smile on my face. With the tiredness taking over me I finally fall back asleep.

Now

I tread into school as I pull my hoodie tighter against me. I avoid my locker, knowing that Mason will be waiting there for me. Seeing Jade and Jake, I quickly turn around and walk to the restrooms.

Once I'm in there I get into a stall and sit on the toilet. I wait till one minute before class starts and then I walk out.

The classes go slow, too slow. I've been either sitting alone in the classes or I've been sitting next to Tyler or Daniel. How I managed to sit alone? Coming in class when everyone was already there and then I could act like I didn't see my friends and go sit somewhere else.

I slowly walk to my locker after the last class, I can't be bothered to hurry. The last class I didn't have with any of my friends, so I don't have to worry about them following me and trying to make me feel better. Sure, they do it because they care about me, but right now, I honestly can't be bothered.

I walk out the school and towards the park. I slow down when I come to the spot where Jayden was shot. Not being able to take it, I turn around and walk back. I don't even know where I'm going.

After 30 minutes of walking to nowhere specifically I end up at the hospital.

I take a few deep breaths and step inside. My breathing gets heavier as I walk towards Jayden's room.

"Hey Jay, I went to school today. It's so different without you or Connor there. I miss you both a lot. The doctors said you can wake up any minute now, I hope it won't take long, I miss you so much. I need you Jay, I really do. Jade is devastated, even though she doesn't show it, I know she is breaking inside and here I am, being a terrible friend to her. Everything would be so much easier if you woke up, Jay"

My energy is slowly drowning, so I decide to get into bed, next to Jayden. I carefully slip in next to him and pull him into a hug.

"Please, wake up" I whisper with tears rolling down my cheeks right before I fall asleep

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wake up from the sound of people talking to each other. I slowly open my eyes and take in my surroundings.

I look at the person in the chair and see Jade. She has a big smile painted on her face. A hand slowly goes through my hair and I knit my eyebrows in confusion.

When realization hits me I jump out of the bed and scream. I quickly cover my mouth when Jayden covers his ears.

"You're awake!" I yell and hug him tightly

"You're finally awake!" I mumble in his arms

"I missed you too, sis" he smiles

"He has been awake for two hours now" Jade smiles and a smile spreads across my lips too

"Why didn't you guys wake me?"

"You looked so tired and cute, we couldn't get ourselves to do it" Jake smiles