Chapter 56

Previously
I grab the envelop with my name written in elegant handwriting. I open it and read it through carefully.

My world stops for a few seconds and my mind goes blank, when I read the name at the end of the letter.

Now
Jay's car keys fall to the ground and I stare at the letter in disbelief. This can't be true, can it?

"Lex?"

"Lex, you alright?"

I snap out of my trance when Jay's hand appears in front of the letter.

"Uh, yeah I'm fine, sorry, I just zoned out a bit"

"Yeah I could see that," Jay chuckles, "wait, what's that?" He eyes the letter and I sigh deeply

I hand the letter over to him and wait for him to finish reading it. When he's done he looks up at me and grabs the keys off the ground with a determined and serious look on his face.

"Let's go"

I quickly follow him and get into the passenger seat. An uncomfortable silence settles around us, but neither of us make amends to break it.

"Are we really going to do this?" I ask nervously as we've been on the road for 2 hours' now

"We don't have a choice." His jaw locks and I slightly nod my head

We indeed don't have a choice.

I stare out of the window and watch the trees pass. The longer we drive, the angrier I get. Who the héll does he think he is? Does he really think that we will just run back to him and act like we don't know the truth? Why the héll did he do this?

Jay lays his hand over mine and I look up at him.

"We'll leave as soon as we got her, okay?"

"Okay"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I find myself standing next to Jayden and in front of our old house. I look at the familiar house, that's full of good and bad memories.

"Lets do this" I whisper and knock on the door

I try to keep my anger in tone, but as soon as he opens the door and I see him in the door opening, every single bad memory comes rushing back.

"I missed you"

"Oh cut the crap, where is she?" I hiss angrily as I storm inside, pulling Jay with me

"Who?

"Forgot the letter you send us? We know she's here so lets just make this easy" Jay groans

"Remember Alexia, you owe me" My father, Luke, says

This is the reason why I do not like my full name.

I cringe when he says my full name and I grit my teeth angrily.

"No! No! I don't owe you shít! You walked out on us remember? And after all you did to mom, you still have the guts to do this. You make me sick, you are fúcking disgusting!" I spit out at him

Jay grabs me by my shoulder and pulls me next to him.

"Lets just find her"

I nod my head and we angrily storm into a hallway with all doors. We open them, but all we see are empty rooms with one window, except one room. In that room is a goat. A fréaking goat.

Before we can go to the last room we see a too familiar face appear in front of us.

"Great, Mark" I sigh deeply and Jayden eyes me suspiciously

"What's wrong, Lex?" he asks me concerned

"How sweet, you haven't told him about me, so you can actually listen" Mark creepily smiles

"Lex, what's going on?"

"Remember that day in the woods?"

"Ohh" Jay nods his head

"I'll tell you everything later, ok?"

"What did you do to our mom?" I ask as I give Jayden a look, hoping that he knows what I mean. In return he nods his head, which means he understands my plan.

I slowly walk to Mark and circle around him, which makes him turn around with me. Jayden taps on Mark's shoulder and when he turns around to look at Jayden, Jay hits him straight in his face. Mark falls to the ground and we quickly run to the last door.

Jayden opens the door and there she is. I run to her and pull her into a hug. Jayden follows, but he soon pulls back.

"We have to get out off here, now" My mom says, "I'll explain everything to you once we're home"

We nod and quickly go out of the room and into the hallway, where Mark still lies unconcious. I see my mom hesitate to help him, but I quickly shake my head and push her out of the hallway.

"We don't have the time, he'll be fine, I'm sorry mom"

"No, you're right"

"Not so fast" Luke stops us and grabs Jayden's arm

Jayden angrily rips his arm out of Luke's grip and walks further. I stop just before we walk outside. I turn around and look at Luke with hatred written all over my face.

"You have no clue how sick you make me, no fücking clue! It's disgusting what you've done to mom before, then you left us and now you have the fücking guts to do this. I don't want anything to do with you and I think Jayden and mom agree with me. Don't even dare to try to contact us again" I hiss angrily before closing the door as hard as I can.

Jayden gets into the driver's seat, mom into the passengers seat and I go in the back.

"Are you okay, mom?" I ask concerned

"Yes, I am now. You shouldn't have witnessed that, I'm sorry" she says to the both of us

"Mom, it's none of your fault. You can't help that Luke is such a bástard and after he's been out of our lives for so long, he had no right to come back like this, to come back at all." Jay says

"And I'm sorry about Mark, mom" I mumble

"It's okay Alexia, it's not your fault that I have a bad taste in men, I just wish you would've told me" she softly smiles at me

"I'm sorry, I should've told you, I-I just didn't want you to go through heartbreak again, but I see now that if I told you earlier, it would've been easier for you to deal with"

"I understand why you didn't tell me, sweetheart. I know you did it to protect me and I love you for that" she smiles at me, "Just like I love you, sweetheart" she smiles at Jayden, "And I'm glad that you guys take care of each other so well, and I want to hear all about what happened while I was away"

"We love you too mom, but can someone please fill me in about the whole Mark-thing?" Jay eyes me in the mirror and I shrink back in my seat.

Great. Just. Great.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm so sorry for the late update! I'm on vacation and writing on my phone takes so much longer + we don't have WiFi everywhere :(

I hope you enjoyed this update though! :)

I don't know when the next chapter will be posted :( It will take me some time to write it, but as soon as I know when I'll update it, I'll let you know! :)

Comment, follow, vote, give a star, idk, do whatever :)

-X- ChocolateHusky44