Chapter 41

Previously

I roll my eyes and drink the rest of my beer. I grab a new bottle and drink it as well. Jade gives me a third bottle, which I place in front of me for the next few questions.

"Happy now?" Tyler nods and Jake asks the next question

"Never have I ever gotten a tattoo in secret"

Now

I look around me, to see, again, no one drinking. I awkwardly smile and slowly grab my beer bottle.

Jayden jumps up and, I'm not even kidding, looks completely overwhelmed and bewildered, and not in a good way. Mason looks confused and curious. A few jaws drop and I quickly drink the three gulps of beer.

"So, moving on" I awkwardly chuckle

"Tell me this is a joke too please" Jay groans frustrated and sits down again, covering his face with his hands

"Next question please?"

"Alexia"

"It's a really, really small one"

"Show us" Jade claps in her hands excitedly and shifts on her chair, smiling at me

Jayden eyes me with a pained expression and guilt hits me. I know he isn't a fan of tattoos, but I still did it. Omg, I'm the worst sister ever. I haven't even told him. God, this is exactly why I didn't want this question to be asked. You can ask literally anything, why this question?

"I'm sorry, Jay"

"Just show me what it is" he groans frustrated and looks away from me

I remove my towel and pull my swimsuit down just enough –without flashing anything– to reveal a tiny black arrow at my side. The light from the campfire is just enough to see it. Jayden gets up again and looks at the small tattoo. Jade looks at it after him and compliments me on it. Jay still looks pissed off and Jade tries to reassure him.

Mason takes a look next, but remains silent.

"When? How? Why? What does it mean?" Connor asks, examining the tiny arrow carefully

"This year, just before Caleb kidnapped me. I knew someone who worked in a tattoo shop and was willing to do it, even though I'm a minor. I promised him that I would make sure he doesn't get arrested, so please don't tell anyone else" I strategically don't look at Jayden

"What's the reason behind it?" Mason asks me

"Please tell me that you at least had a reason behind it" Jay mumbles

"Well, it reminds me that when life is dragging you back with difficulties, that it means it's going to launch you into something great. Just like an arrow" I smile at the small arrow

"Every time I felt like giving up hope, I looked at it and was reminded that I would eventually get away from Caleb and back to you guys. Cheesy, I know"

Okay, it came to the point, where I'm cringing from my own words.

"That's beautiful, Lex" Daniel says and Jade, Connor, Jake and Tyler nod.

"Thanks" I whisper

Mason grabs my hand and gives me the sweetest, reassuring smile. I think I'll talk to Jayden about it tomorrow, when he calmed down a bit.

"Okay, next question" I say

After a few more questions, we decide to swim once more and then go home.

I shiver as I walk in my bathing suit towards the swimming pool. I look down, but see nothing, it's all dark.

Jade stands beside me and looks down worriedly.

"FYI girls, there are piranha's in the water!" Connor walks to us and smirks

I roll my eyes and push him in the water.

"Oops, guess you're going to be fed to the piranha's that aren't there" I smirk

Jade grabs my hand and we jump in together, splashing Connor, who's pouting like a 3-year-old.

The water is cold. I swim around like a dying flamingo, trying to get myself warm.

"What the hell are you doing?" Mason chuckles from the edge of the swimming pool

"I'm impersonating a dying flamingo. Isn't that obvious?"

He rolls his eyes and jumps in, the rest of our friends following.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, it's come to the point where I had to kick Mason and Jayden literally out of my room, because Jade and I are having a sleepover and boys aren't allowed in.

"Boo!" I throw a precious M&M at the movie in front of us

"No, you two-headed puke green eyed monster!" Jade yells and throws another precious M&M towards the screen

"She ain't a whore, you can't just give her that gift card because you went on a date! Ásshole!"

"Don't even try to touch her, you monster!"

What we're watching?

Easy A. And right now we're at the point where Olive (Emma Stone) went on a date with her ex-best friends' crush and he gives her a gift card, because he wants to sleep with her or something.

"Is everything okay? We heard you scream" Jayden and Mason stick their heads inside

Do they want to die again? I thought they had learned by now.

"FOR THE 507TH TIME. GET OUT!" Jade and I scream

With terrified expressions on their faces, they close the door and walk downstairs. Good.

We turn back to the film and I clap excitedly when Todd appears on the screen.

"Life goal: get yourself a Todd!" Jade chuckles

We collapse on my bed after our throwback to one direction. We watched the whole movie and screamed a few more times. After that we decided to have a dance party.

"Let's make some popcorn"

We hop downstairs and ignore the boys, who are looking at us like we're crazy. Even when they are the ones who are watching a boring football game. *eye roll*

Jade puts the bag in the oven and puts another one with it.

"Euh, two at once?" I ask, raising my eyebrows

"Shush, it will work"

"Make us some popcorn too, will ya?" Jay asks from the couch

"Make your own popcorn" I huff

"Aw, come on, Little A" Mason groans

"Nope" I say stubbornly

"Jade?" Jay asks, pulling out the puppy eyes

"No, no, no!" I put my hand in front of Jade's eyes, making sure she can't fall for his puppy eyes

"Hey, that's unfair!" Jayden says

"Don't be a big baby"

I move my hands away from Jade's eyes and we focus on the popcorn again. I grab two bowls and we grab the now ready bags of popcorn.

I pour one bag in the bowl and turn around, ready to grab the second bag, while Jade grabs some glasses and drinks. I turn around to pour the next bag of popcorn in the bowl, when...

Those sneaky thieves.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next chapter will be updated today as well! :)

Comment, follow, vote, give a star, idk, do whatever :)

-X- ChocolateHusky44