Part 7

The moment Ming's mom entered his room he knew he was gone, he shifted uncomfortably as she sat beside him looking disappointed which made him gulp.

"Mom--"

"Ming, I know you are scared and I know you have every right to be but it isn't the way to treat Kit like that and what you just did was off the limits" Mom said making him gulp and sink back even more.

"I don't trust him Mom, I don't" Ming whispered and mom sigh sadly.

" I know, but Kit, he isn't anything like him. He's going through enough Ming." Mom grab his hands.

"I am not saying to befriend him, just don't treat him badly" Mom brush his hair off his forehead. "Apologize to him Ming, don't let one mistake ruin your life. Stop closing your heart honey" She kissed his forehead and slowly went outside giving him time to think. He looked at the photo frame of his beloved letting a tear fall.

"You guys left me, how do I expect him not to?" Ming talked to the photograph of his best friend and Grandpa. Two of his favorite people, two people he loved most but lost too soon.

"How do I know he isn't like him? How do I know he isn't acting?" Ming wiped a tear that fell on frame. "What if I let my family get close, what if I get close to him and he leaves me too? Leave them? What if he steal my family? What if they love him more than me?" Ming let out a muffled sob.

"I can't lose them too, They are all I have. I don't know what to do" Ming whispered. He stare at the photograph as if they will give him any answer. He lay there for a while before taking a deep breath and moving outside and towards Kit room.

He knocked and slid the door open only to find Kit sitting with a photo album on his lap, wiping his tears frantically. His face fell when he saw Ming and he closed the album placing on the bed beside him. Ming hesitantly moved towards his bed and sat on a corner, keeping maximum distance between them.

"Kit I---I'm sorry. I didn't mean what I said" Ming stuttered, Kit exhaled deeply looking at him.

"No!, You were right. None of My parents wanted me. And they left me here to burden you all" Kit chuckled bitterly, something about his voice made Ming flinch. It was too cold and for a second Ming wanted to reach out and touch him but he refrain.

"I am sure they had their own reasons" Ming spoke quietly.

"My parents got divorced because my mom was cheating on my father. Her boyfriend was abusive a little with me but in the end she always believe him. She believed that he was doing his best, that he was stressed. That he loved her" Kit stared at the lamp and Ming sat there quietly starring at Kit.

" He had to move out of the city due to some business and he asked my mom to come with him. He told my mom clearly that I won't go with them as I only make things worse. I begged her not to but she left me with you guys for that abusive bastard. I told her to leave me with my father but she didn't. Hell, because of them I don't even know where he lives now" Kit wiped his tears taking deep breaths.He looked at Ming who was looking back sadly.

"Now you know, it wasn't my choice" Kit whispered looking away.

"Umm, I don't know what to say. But Kit you don't deserve it" Ming said.

"I don't know what happened in your past Mingkwan, but you can't close yourself because of one person. You deserves better and there are people to help you, to show you how much they loves you" Kit urged to make him believe. Ming's body stiffen as he looked away from Kit.

"You don't know anything about me, I came to apologize and I did. It doesn't mean we are friends" Ming said coldly.

"You don't have to apologize" Kit sigh, Ming looked at him once before standing up and moving outside.

"Mingkwan, Please don't close yourself from Love. Please" He heard Kit saying before he closed his eyes and moved towards his room.