Part 28

The whole night Kit has stayed awake lying in hospital with nothing but his hollow heart which ached badly in his chest. Every moment he closes his eyes he saw himself in a wheelchair or trying to walk but failing miserably. He would open them gasping slightly as his tears fell. After a while even they stopped but the pain and ache was too much for him to close his eyes.

He knew Ming was sitting outside, he saw him once looking at him but he didn't acknowledge. He couldn't even think straight at the moment. It wasn't like he blamed Ming for whatever happened to him, it was no one's fault but his destiny. It was just that he wasn't strong enough to talk to him, to face anyone, to accept the reality but just knowing Ming was outside for him was comforting in some ways.

He laid there for a while before his eyes finally started to close a little as tiredness take a toll on him and he fell asleep. Ming however didn't even close his eyes for a second; he kept looking at kit sighing in relief when he fell asleep after hours of trying. His heart hurts every time he thought of what doctors told them, every time he pictured Kit not able to walk and he cursed himself for being dumb enough to not see his brother, to not be able to protect him when he should have in the first place.

Seeing Kit lying there with his eyes closed, his heart ache to be with him, to wrap him in his arms and to comfort him but he knew better than anyone that he needed some space to clear his thoughts. He kept staring at him as the morning light engulfed the darkness.