Part 70

When his father came over for his therapy Kit narrated everything to him didn't miss the slight wince when he told him about his mother. He watched his shoulders dropping and also how he bit his lip every now and then and he couldn't imagine the pain he would be feeling right now. His father loved his mother with everything and he knew it was almost unbearable for him to listen this.

When he was done his father sat with him and patted his leg.

"I don't know what to decide." Kit continued and his father inhaled.

"Listen here Kit, your mother did what she had to so she could protect you but that's what every mother should do, if you think you have to be with her for payback then don't, she doesn't need that she only needs your happiness even if it lies here" his father said. "You need all the love and support, all the care and comfort and I have seen you receiving all of those here, so what I want to say is that decide what you want to, distance doesn't matters. If you wanna stay here then stay and If you feel like leaving only then go." Kit nodded hesitantly and smiled at him.

"Thanks dad" he said and he ruffled his hairs.

"Also you are doing so well now." he informed him and Kit grinned happily.
.
.
.
"Wait so you are telling me that bastard was abusing your mother?" Phana asked shocked as he paced the room while both Beam and Kit stared at him.

"How could someone be so heartless?" Beam said and Kit shrugged.

"So what did you decide?' Phana sat near him and Kit shook his head.

"Don't ask me that cabbage." Kit pointed and he chuckled.

"I am sure your knight in shinning armor will think of something." Phana teased and Kit blushed throwing a cushion at him.

"Get out!" Kit teased and he laughed making him laugh too. They sat together talking, gossiping and munching, Phana teased both Kit and Beam and they both slapped him twice. Nevertheless it was a great time spend with them as they both succeeded in distracting Kit and making him laugh hysterically.

Ming joined them soon as they told him embarrassing stories of Kit who was blushing crimson red. At night he laid tangled up in Ming's arms as he brushed his hairs and traced his cheeks.

"I don't know what I did to deserve you..." Kit whispered and Ming pulled his closer.

"Maybe because you are the best person alive?" Ming smiled and Kit kissed his lips.

"I love you so much." Kit confessed and Ming captured his lips again conveying all his emotions. "I love you too." Ming breathed staring at his eyes and Kit knew then he can't lie without Ming and that's what he told his mother a day before, she smiled and hugged him accepting his decision and assuring him that she'll be there for him and in Ming's arms Kit again found his world back.

***

When people says hold on to life, when they say be strong life will make sense it actually is true because somehow in some unexpected ways life do seems to find the right path for you, despite the agony, hopelessness, fear and pains it does bring you happiness, light, hope, peace and love. Life is an unpredictable ride which has its ups and downs but even in your most down moments it gives you something to fight for and in your most up moments it makes you realize how you are who you are because of the people who stood by you.

Months back when Kit first lost his legs if someone came by and asked him where do he see himself in future, he would have stayed quiet because honestly he didn't believe he would be able to do anything but just as he said, life gives you something to fight for and it gave Kit an angel in the face of Mingkwan, an angel whose single touch would calm Kit down, whose gentle whispers would bring him peace and just his mere presence was assuring for Kit.

Today if Kit has a complete family even though it was broken, if Kit was happy despite the tragedy, if he was on his way to success despite the hopelessness, if he see life in whole new perspective it was only because of Ming, because of him he was fighting, because of him he was urging himself to be strong, because of him he was willing to bear anything and because of him he was determine and that's how when after so many exercises and therapies when today Kit was finally able to move his leg again he truly believed he could do this. It wasn't like he started to walk or anything, but he was able to move his leg on his own the way he did before.

"That's a massive improvement." his dad had said as Ming and his family cheered for Kit, his mother was beside him encouraging him to move. "If you can do this, you can definitely walk again Kit." it was like all the hope and happiness was coming back into his life again. Kit knew it won't be like tomorrow he'll start walking, he knew it will take a lot of time, a lot of years but if Ming and his family was by his side and then he won't give up because he'll fight for his lover.

"He sure can and he will." Ming pulled him closer and Kit smiled in his chest, his heart fluttering and his chest warming, every time he heard Ming so certain about his walking it actually gives him even more strength to prove him right.

"I will." Kit promised silently to Ming interlocking their fingers and squeezing his hand a little.

"I am so proud of you." Ming kissed his forehead and Kit smiled brightly, Ming didn't know how much Kit was proud of him too, the boy has overcome his worst fears, he has wiped the scars on his heart and learned to love again and yet he has loved the way no one can ever love anyone, he has given his everything to Kit and Kit was honor to hold his heart.

"I am proud of you too." Kit whispered for only Ming to hear who smiled and pulled him even more closer. They all sat together, Kit cuddled closer in Ming's arms while his mother sat on his other side, his dad on a chair with Ming's father and rest of them in front of Kit. Ming's mum brought ice creams for all of them as they ate and talk together like a normal family for once.

In Ming's arms as Kit looked through his family and friends his heart warmed realizing he was one lucky boy to have not one but two loving family, great and supporting friends and a beautiful and loving soulmate who he would die for. Now as he think of he realized he wouldn't change anything from his life because he knows now that whatever happened, it happened for a reason, for unyielding and never ending happiness.