Part 42

After almost third call Beam finally attended his Skype but when they screen popped on it wasn't actually Beam but Phana which made Kit frown and roll his eyes.

"Cabbage what the hell are you doing there?" Kit asked and Phana rolled his eyes at the name "cabbage" but nevertheless replied Kit. In the back Kit could see Beam go through bunch of clothes.

"Apparently our dear friend has a date today with Forth and he didn't inform us." Kit gasped his mouth hanging low. "Exactly my reaction while Forth told me." Phana pointed at Kit who had his arms folded over his chest as Beam appeared on screen looking apologetic.

"Kit I am sorry, I was tensed." Beam defended himself and both Phana and Kit gasped dramatically. "Tensed?" they said together and Beam punched Phana.

"How could you Beam? I thought we were best friends?" Kit cried out dramatically making Phana chuckle and Beam roll his eyes. "Stop drama queen my date is in few hours and I have no idea what to wear!" Beam sighed and Kit chuckled. "And this idiot is useless." he pointed at Phana who gasped and glared and Kit laughed loudly shaking his head. "I wish you were here Kit." Beam spoke before he bit his lips realizing what he said, Kit gulped and looked away before smiling a little at them, meanwhile Phana cursed at Beam.

"I'm sorry" he immediately apologized but Kit shook his head. "It's alright, I wish I was there too" he sighed deeply. "Anyway I have to go, best of luck for your date." Kit breathed before he ended the call and pushed his laptop away his eyes filling with tears. He pulled his knee towards his chest and winced loudly when they ached which made Kit frown. He cursed and straightened his legs whimpering at the pain which was unusual but he didn't pay any attention. He grabbed a cushion and hugged it closer to his chest as his tears fell. He remembered how they used to tease Phana saying how they'll be the one to dress him up if he ever found a date, mostly Kit because he had best dressing sense among all three of them. Beam would roll his eyes but agreed while Phana would comment saying "That day won't come any sooner".

For the first time in a while he hated his legs, he hated his disability he hated the fact that he couldn't walk, and that he can't be there with his friends. He hated that here he was stuck to this goddamn bed when he was suppose to be there with Beam, teasing him, dressing him and also encouraging him. A muffled sob escaped his mouth as he hugged the cushion tighter until his knuckles were red enough.

"Kit I thought you were--" Ming stopped talking when he saw Kit crying hugging the cushion, immediately he ran towards him and sat in front of him checking his legs in case of any injury. "Kit what happened? Are you hurt?" Ming cupped his face and gulped at the way his lips quiver and his hands tremble. He could also see a slight shaking of his shoulder. Kit didn't say anything but closed his eyes letting his tear fall. "Kit please tell me what happened, are you in pain? Ming asked panic clear in his voice and Kit opened his eyes, he sniffled and shook his head, Ming's shoulder sank as he realized Kit wasn't hurt at least not physically. He moved forward and wrapped his arms around him, Kit immediately pushed the cushion away and hugged Ming back resting his head on his shoulder letting his tears fell freely. For a while none of them said anything, Ming sat there rubbing Kit's back who cried until his sobs dissolved into sniffles and Ming pulled apart, he wiped his tears and grabbed his hands gently running thumb over his palm soothingly.

"Kit what happened?" Ming asked softly and Kit sighed. "It's nothing" he shook his head but Ming stare at him and he sighed. "It's stupid, I just felt emotional realizing how I couldn't be with my friend right now, its umm, Beam has a date with Forth today and we always said I would be the one to dress him, he has a terrible taste." Kit let out a watery chuckle and Ming squeezed his hand, his heart breaking for Kit.

"It's too much sometimes, too much to bear." Kit whispered his tears falling again and Ming wiped them immediately, he hated seeing Kit in tears. "I am so sorry, tell me what can I do for you." Ming urged and he smiled sadly.

"Just be with me." Kit said and Ming kissed his forehead.

"I'm always here with you." Ming moved forward and slipped between the sheets hugging Kit closer who rested their foreheads together. "Without you, my life would be impossible Ming..." he whispered, his voice husky and barely audible but Ming heard t due to the closeness between them. He could see the sincerity and love in those tearful eyes and he hugged him tighter. "Mine would be meaningless." Ming whispered and kissed Kit hand who blushed but rested his head on Ming's shoulder.

"you wanna talk about it?" Ming asked after a while but Kit shook his head.

"Nope, just distract my mind for a while..." Kit said and Ming nodded thinking of something to make Kit laugh, in the end they went with watching "Friends" and after 15 minutes Kit was laughing so hard his tears started to fall, he clutched to Ming gasping for air holding his stomach and Ming smiled starring at him, Kit caught him starring and he stopped laughing, he blushed and smiled before tracing Ming's cheek.

"Thank you, for everything..." Ming felt content.