Part 20

Drive to their destined place was quiet and awkward. No one said a thing but kept starring awkwardly at each other. Kit avoided them all and kept starring outside and sometimes played with Max hairs who sat on his lap.

They stopped when they reached the street. It wasn't a mall or anything but a street shopping. Kit looked amused when he saw shops surrounding the busy street. Immediately he held Max's hand tightly as they crossed the road.

He stayed with Max and Nate as Ming moved a little ahead with Mark. Max went wild seeing all the toys and Nate looked excitedly at the make-up and clothes, mostly shirts.

"This is so exciting" Nate slid another shirt as Max went through toys.

"Kit, Look at this Car" Max called, Kit turned towards him and smiled seeing red car in his hand.

"You want one?" Kit knee down.

"Yes, I'm gonna bring Money from Mom" Max said and Kit shook his head.

"I'll pay" Kit said taking out his wallet but Max stopped him.

"Please No, I'll bring money in a minute" Max said and before Kit could stop him he went running away towards his parents. Kit sighed and looked at Nate as she called him.

"How's this one?" Nate asked showing him white top. Kit looked at it smiling.

"It's pretty good" Kit said. He looked back at road for Max and his heart stopped. He saw Max walking excitedly at them, behind him was a car running wildly, getting closer to him. In a heartbeat Kit could tell the driver was drunk or busy with mobile. He didn't know when but his feet moved forward as he ran towards Max.

"MAX" he yelled. He saw Mark running towards Max as well but he was fast, he saw Ming's horrific expression. Just as the car was about to hit Max he pushed him away towards Mark. Next thing he knew was the pain he felt when the car hit his lower back and he flew upwards.

"KIT!!!" He heard them all screaming his name but he couldn't say anything. He hit the concrete road and his vision blurred just in time they all reached him.

Ming ran fast towards Kit, his heart beating faster than he could imagine. He didn't care about anything but Kit right now. He saw the blood pooling around Kit and he gasped as he laid his head over his lap gently.

"Kit" Ming whispered, he was surprised when he saw his tears fall on Kit face. His hands shook badly as he slapped him trying to wake him up.

"Kit, come on! Please wake up" Ming begged. He could see Max shocked in Mark's arm and Nate crying holding his hand as Ming's father called the ambulance. But right now all that matters to Ming was Kit, he sucked breath when he realized he might lose him. He felt like losing something so important and he wasn't ready for that.

"Kit I am sorry, I am so sorry" Ming kept apologizing. He didn't know what was he apologizing for? For being so selfish? , For treating him badly?, For feeling something for him?, For making him believe no one wants him?, For urging him to prove himself? He felt his heart beating faster, his breaths coming in short waves, him gasping. His hands shaking as he realized he might lose him. He saw his mother trying to calm him but his vision blackened just in time Ambulance reached there.