Part 69

For a moment there was nothing but silence and heavy breaths escaping Kit's mouth as he stared at his mother too shock to say anything. His mouth opened and then closed as he tried to fathom the fact that his mother was a standing right in front of him after such a long time.

He watched quietly as she carefully advanced towards him, her each step felt heavy and the air around him felt thick. He didn't know how to react, whether he should be happy to see her or angry at her, whether he should be relieved or feel betrayed at her for leaving Kit just like that.

He didn't say anything when she sat with him, nor when she cupped his face and kissed his forehead. He couldn't form a word when her tears fell on his hand or when her trembling hand caressed his cheek.

He just simple stared at her as he slowly wrapped her arms around him and pulled him closer, her one hug crumbled something deep inside him and he forgot all the hate and anger he felt for her, his eyes watered in relief as he hugged her closer closing his eyes tightly.

"Mom, you are here..." Kit said forgetting everything for a while and she nodded in his arms.

"I am so sorry dear, so sorry..." she cried and Kit froze for a second before pulling away making her frown. He looked at her and wiped his tears.

"Where were you? Why didn't you ever replied me back?" Kit asked something he wanted to ask for so long. He watched her shoulder dropping as she sank back on the couch.

"Kit darling----"

"Mom I was worried as hell, you have no idea what you made me go through." Kit said angrily and she grabbed his hand trying to sooth him, by the time Kit was calm enough he and his mother along with Ming was the only people in the room now, the rest left to give them some privacy.

"Kit I'll tell you everything, just please calm down." she insisted and Ming hesitantly rubbed His hand over Kit's arm which soothed him to some extent.

"Go on." Kit exhaled deeply, he watched how she fought with the words in her mind trying to let out the appropriate words, for a while no one said anything until she cleared her throat and looked at Kit.

"Kit I want you to know that I do love you so much, and I know how much he was abusing you and I confronted him so many times but you know he got worse, one day I begged him to stop hurting you and he told me that if I come with him he'll leave you." she exhaled deeply. "I couldn't tell you because I know you are stubborn Kid and so I did left you."

"How come you never answer me back?" Kit frowned and she closed her eyes.

"The moment we reach there he took everything from me,my mobile, my email, he treated me like slave and abused me." she pressed the tears away. "it was almost a week back one of my neighbor found him abusing me and they immediately called police, I left as soon as I could." she paused as Kit's hand shiver a little.

"Mom, why didn't you tell me anything? Why do you have to suffer alone?" Kit asked desperately his tears falling rapidly.

"You are my baby boy Kit, I would do anything in my power to protect you." she cupped his face and wiped his tears as he wiped his.

"Mom I am so sorry you have to suffer because of me..." Kit let out a muffled sob and she immediately shook her head.

"No don't apologize, it was all my fault, leave your father was my biggest mistake and I regret everything dear, especially what you have to go through." She said firmly and Kit cried hugging her close.

"Everything is going to be okay now mom." Kit assured her and she nodded in his chest, they stayed like that holding each other for a while, whispering each others apologies before his mother pulled away and looked at Kit who smiled this time.

"Its all going to be okay now Kit." his mother traced his cheek. "we both are going back home" his smile faded as he looked at Ming whose eyes were wide but he didn't say anything. Kit gulped and looked at his mother not knowing what to say or what not to.

"Mom." he cleared his throat. "I don't know if I want to or not"

"What? Kit why, that's your home." his mother frowned.

"And they are my family now." he pointed at Ming. "Mom I know you wanted good for me but all these months I have suffered through worse and they have been there with me through thick and thin." Kit cautiously said. "I need them mom." his mother only gulped and breathed deeply,

"I don't know what to say..." she said and Kit sighed.

"Its not an easy decision for me, I need time to think." Kit said and she nodded before smiling and cupping his face.

"Take as much time as you need." she said and kissed his forehead. "I'm right here now." Kit smiled and closed his eyes, they stayed together talking and he told her about Ming and how they all had helped him, he also told her about his father and she just smiled at him.

After a while she kissed Kit's forehead and said her goodbye promising to see him tomorrow, Kit hugged her as Ming guided her out. She turned to him and smiled.

"I know you don't like me that much but I want to thank you for what you did for Kit, he is strong and happy because of me." She said and Ming smiled at her shaking his head.

"Its opposite actually, he is the reason I am so strong and happy today, I love him so much and I promise I'll give him all the happiness he deserves." Ming promised.

"I don't doubt that, If Kit decided to stay here I want you to know that I'll stand by his decision, that's the least I can do." she exhaled and Ming nodded.

"take care of him." she said before she turned away leaving the house, Ming closed the door and walked towards Kit who was sitting on the same position before with his head thrown back as he stared at the ceiling. Ming sighed and walked towards him, he sat and pulled him closer as he nuzzled his face in the crook of his neck.

"Dear, you okay?" Ming questioned, Kit only signed.

"I don't know, I don't think anyone would be okay finding their mother was abused." Kit replied and Ming pulled apart and intertwined their fingers.

"It wasn't your fault Kit and I want you to know that whatever decision you make I'll always be here for you." Ming assured him and he let out a small smile.

"I know you will be, but its so difficult. I have bee so used to all of you it terrifies me to leave you all but at the same time she is my mother." Kit shook his head. "I am torn."

"It will be okay." Ming said and Kit scoffed.

"I don't know when my life will finally be okay." he said bitterly breaking Ming's heart. "Just when I got used to all of you I have to decide whether to stay with you or not."

"Listen to me Kit." Ming cupped his face. "I know it is difficult but do what your heart says, whatever you do, do it for yourself and if you think you leaving will be bad for our relationship than I want you to know its not possible, because I will love you more and more everyday, I will love you in every way." Ming traced his cheeks and Kit smiled a teary smile.

"I don't want to leave you..." Kit whispered in Ming's arms, his voice muffled by his chest and Ming kissed his forehead.

"I don't want you to leave me too."