Part 51

There definitely was this tingling feeling in the pit of his stomach but he tried to ignore it as much as possible. The last thing he needed right now was thinking negative when he knew he should be doing exact opposite. He hoped it was just a simple accident and nothing major even he knew he won't be able to handle anymore.

Ming paced back and forth for few minutes before the door to Kit's room opened and in came his doctor with a mixed expression on his face, Ming didn't know whether to expect good or bad from his conflicted expression but nevertheless they moved forward and braced themselves for whatever the bomb was going to drop on them now.

"There's nothing to be worried about. He's fine and conscious." Ming exhaled relieved by this piece of information. "However his legs are completely numb now, Kit can't feel any sensations in them. I'm afraid to say he even lost his small movements." he knew something bad was coming but he prayed it wasn't anything like this. He closed his eyes when he realized how Kit won't even able to move with stand or crutches now, he hated picturing him in some sort of wheelchair or lying in bed. "There are some more procedures we have to do to pinpoint the cause of it" It was blur everything, the voices, the vision and his senses. All he could see was Kit's hurtful face, his broken self when he'll know what just happened.

"I have already told Kit and also you can take home now." Ming gulped and nodded, he couldn't hear anything else anymore and so he moved inside Kit's room and found him sitting on his bed looking down his lap. Ming bit his lip and blinked hard to refrain from crying, which he so wanted to do right now. "Kit" he called. Kit looked at Ming and passed him a small smile, Ming frown when he didn't saw any tear on his face. He didn't want Kit to bottle it up.

"How are you feeling?" Ming moved forward and grabbed his hand.

"I'm fine." Kit smiled which made Ming gulp. "I'm sorry I scared you.."

"I'm glad I reached you in time." Ming said and Kit nodded. After a while they were accompanied only with silence, whether it was peaceful or awkward none of them knew. "Kit I am sorry." Ming blurted out and Kit sighed squeezing his hand. "Don't be. I am fine." Kit said firmly and Ming hated his words. He wanted Kit to break down, he wanted him to realize that he won't be able to walk anymore; he didn't want him to bottle this up, to just pretend nothing like this happened.

"Kit---"

"I really am." Kit smiled and Ming's shoulder sank. His family came inside and paid their condolence to him but he brushed it away. It was like he didn't want to feel anything and it scared Ming to the extreme core. Catarina came shortly after and assured Kit that she and his father would do everything in their power to help Kit.

"I know paralysis is not easily cured but Kit I have seen people defeating it." she said. "I do believe you can beat it, most of the people lose their muscles completely but you were able to move them. Its a good sign. We definitely need to do some tests and all to find the cause of it but don't give up just because the rest of doctors says." she patted his back. "You can beat it" Kit only nodded halfheartedly because maybe he was tired of believing something that he knew was almost impossible.

Kit was released in 10 minutes and Ming carried him bridal style towards his car. He drove towards their house in a complete silence and carried Kit straight towards his bed, he stay there starring at him as he closed his eyes and drifted off. Ming sat there brushing his hair, staring at him and biting his lip but he couldn't stop few tears that fell out of his own eyes. He was tired of being brave when everything was crumbling right in front of his own eyes. He kissed Kit's forehead and his tears dropped on his hairs. He sighed and went outside not closing the door beside him; he moved towards the couch and sat there numbly staring into nothing.

He couldn't control his emotions anymore; it was coming in huge waves crushing down on him. He was strong for Kit before but he was afraid he won't be now; he was falling apart with Kit. The idea of Kit his boyfriend, the love of his life in wheelchair terrifies him and he couldn't contain a sob that escaped his mouth and he closed his eyes tightly. He felt arms around him and with his eyes closed he knew it belonged to his mother. He let her hold him in her arms and he clenched his eyes tightly letting his tears fall freely as his body shook with sobs muffled by her.

"Mom what is happening?" Ming cried and she sighed blinking her tears away. "I don't know Ming but it'll be okay." she brushed his hairs and he let out another sob.

"How? When?" Ming asked.

"I don't know Ming but it will be okay. It takes time." she assured him and he sniffled pulling away. "How am I supposed to be brave when I feel like everything is crushing? How am I supposed to be there for Kit? How mom?" he asked wiping his tears.

"You'll be. Your love for him will make you strong and Kit has all of us plus his dad too." she brushed strand of hairs from his forehead and kissed his face. "I know it feels too much but we'll get through it, I promise." she held him as he nodded and sobbed for hours. He wished someone would assure his heart that everything will be okay because no matter how desperately he wanted to believe he was scared.